Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 32mm scopes..

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    I've been interested in the Nikon Prostaff 2-7x32 for a while now at £135 at Uttings.
    It gets decent reviews by all accounts but so far I keep getting distracted by the 3-9x40AO EFR, one of which I have mounted on a Longbow and I really like.
    See I really like the idea of these, I had a 4x32 which I kinda wish I still had!! Only problem I have is there is no extra hold over aim points.. & it's alot of cash just to find I don't get on with a Plex Ret...
    Maybe I should get a cheap as chips 4x32 Plex to see if I get on with that type of reticle... it would definitely open up the choices no end....
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Hi, I have just bought an Airmax 2-7x32 AO. Same optics as panorama no ir but AO. Out of stock at lots of places but £125 posted from Bagnell and Kirkwood through't Bay. Nice and clear no reparalax required.
    Not dead keen on ao or the AMX Ret.. plus the airmax is starting to get weighty
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

The Nikon Pro Staff 2~7x32 is a fantastic scope. Mine has the really useful BDC reticule. Even at the 'new' price it is excellent value and is my 'compact scope of choice which won't break the bank'!! Up to now my favourite compact was the Simmons 1.5~5x20 but now it is the Nikon.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Not dead keen on ao or the AMX Ret.. plus the airmax is starting to get weighty
    True, they are pretty hefty. I have also fancied the pro-staff but was concerned about the field of view as I feel my 3-9*40 EFR is a little narrow. What's the 2-7"32 like Nick?
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    See I really like the idea of these, I had a 4x32 which I kinda wish I still had!! Only problem I have is there is no extra hold over aim points.. & it's alot of cash just to find I don't get on with a Plex Ret...
    Maybe I should get a cheap as chips 4x32 Plex to see if I get on with that type of reticle... it would definitely open up the choices no end....
    Know where you're coming from Rhys, although I don't mind Plex Rets especially for close to mid-range work.
    Don't know which of your guns you're wanting to mount the 32mm scope on but I'm looking for something similar for a .22 Fenman. I recently managed to get hold of a terrific Simmons 1.5-6x32WA Expedition for one Fenman and ideally another would be great for the second but they are pretty hard to come by !
    “An airgun or two”………

Im all for small scopes. I have used loads of simmons wtc 1.5-5x20 (still have a coupe), 2-7x32ao airmax, 2-7x32ao vantage, 2-7x32 prostaff etc etc...... most recently I have purchased a vortex diamondback 2-7x35 BDC which is by far the brightest and clearest of the bunch IMO

the nice one was the tasco silver antler sapphire dont know if you can still get them. the next. simmons deer hunter with with green glass and the covers had slits in for sniping. waste of time.
    if i want a sight the first place i look is optics whorehouse. sorry that's warehouse. the next place SMK.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    True, they are pretty hefty. I have also fancied the pro-staff but was concerned about the field of view as I feel my 3-9*40 EFR is a little narrow. What's the 2-7"32 like Nick?
    Have you looked through a viper connect 3-12x32 ? If you do then all other scopes will seem narrow give one a try mate .

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Know where you're coming from Rhys, although I don't mind Plex Rets especially for close to mid-range work.
    Don't know which of your guns you're wanting to mount the 32mm scope on but I'm looking for something similar for a .22 Fenman. I recently managed to get hold of a terrific Simmons 1.5-6x32WA Expedition for one Fenman and ideally another would be great for the second but they are pretty hard to come by !
    Well., I'm initially thinking my .22 BSA R10 for farmyard work where I recon the panorama would sit that better. The ir & hmd Ret would probably be a good thing in that rifle, but secondly I will be buying a 97k soonish for pure pleasure., Probably in .20 and this is where I think the Nikon prostaff would shine. I've got a diamond back 3-9 on it currently which never gets used on 9, or above 6 to be honest & the cheek Combe is too low on the r10 using medium mounts for me so I figured a 2-7x32 was the answer. I could always just get the vortex 2-7 but I'm really wanting to save a bit & try something different if you know what I mean...
    I'm thinking my doctor or the 3-9 could go on the 97 so I'm really buying for the r10 primarily. The other factor is it needs to have around 3.5" of eye relief for the NS viper too!!!
    Not that I'm already struggling with my peramiters!!!
    Tis got to be right though, u know me!!! Lol

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Whatever you decide to go with I'd make sure you find a good use for that "little Doctor", its a Gem !
    “An airgun or two”………