Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Original 45 jubilee model

I've got a 35 Jubilee but it was missing it's open sights and the medallion in the stock.
    I think I've sources some sights but I guess my chances of finding a medallion are slim to none!

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    I've got a 35 Jubilee but it was missing it's open sights and the medallion in the stock.
    I think I've sources some sights but I guess my chances of finding a medallion are slim to none!
    That's a rare old beast there Dan. As I said earlier I didn't even know that a 35 jubilee existed until I stumbled on one.
    And I suspect that you may be right, the chances of getting another medallion is pretty slim. That's unless Diana have the press die handy and can press you another. Maybe a disk of 24 ct gold would be nice
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    That's a rare old beast there Dan. As I said earlier I didn't even know that a 35 jubilee existed until I stumbled on one.
    And I suspect that you may be right, the chances of getting another medallion is pretty slim. That's unless Diana have the press die handy and can press you another. Maybe a disk of 24 ct gold would be nice
    Dave
    That would be quite nice. As a typical Scotsman I'd probably try something with a gold chocolate coin. Save myself a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    That would be quite nice. As a typical Scotsman I'd probably try something with a gold chocolate coin. Save myself a fortune.

Spoken like a true Scot??
    Dave

Dave
    I like the sound of the 24 ct gold
    How gutting i the thing fell out somewhere though!

I'll get hold of Diana and see what they say

I like the sound of the 24 ct gold
    How gutting i the thing fell out somewhere though!

I'll get hold of Diana and see what they say
    Be interesting to see what they hold spares wise for any limited run gun? I would imagine at the least they should be able to provide the Original design and size, though I would imagine you can work that last bit.out by virtue of a blank inlet where the medallion used to be
    Don't think I've ever seen a 35 jubilee up on this forum so if you have a way of putting pics up I'm sure a few of us would like to see the gun
    Dave

Hi Dave

Yes I can measure the inletting, and I've found a decent picture of the design so if all else fails I can get one made. I've emailed Diana this morning so I'll give it a week to see what happens.

I'll take some pictures of the gun and put them on my blog. That's easiest for me and it's a lot quicker than the free online services. No ads!
    I'm visiting family this weekend but I'll try to do it tomorrow

My 45 JUB is stamped 09 80 & is SN 0190 in .177

It has the older style stock with the edge showing at the end of the cylinder to the lead of the pistol grip.

Hi Dave

Yes I can measure the inletting, and I've found a decent picture of the design so if all else fails I can get one made. I've emailed Diana this morning so I'll give it a week to see what happens.

I'll take some pictures of the gun and put them on my blog. That's easiest for me and it's a lot quicker than the free online services. No ads!
    Top man

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    My 45 JUB is stamped 09 80 & is SN 0190 in .177

It has the older style stock with the edge showing at the end of the cylinder to the lead of the pistol grip.
    Thanks for chipping in landy. Both mine have that style stock and actually between both versions its my preference though I know its a personal thing and some would disagree.
    I wonder why they changed the stock style?
    Dave

I prefer this type as well, no idea why they changed it & blended it in unless it was to modernise it slightly.

Hi Dave

I was a bit impatient and curious to recall what the 35 jubilee looked.like so googled it. The page was polluted with images of HW35s and a HW98.
    It seems nothing is sacred these days
    Dave

I was a bit impatient and curious to recall what the 35 jubilee looked.like so googled it. The page was polluted with images of HW35s and a HW98.
    It seems nothing is sacred these days
    Dave
    I found a bit of time to take some quick pictures of the 35s Jubilaumsmodell
    They aren't the best but should give you an idea. I'm going to do a 2 or 3 part series on this gun to show stripping down, rebuild and hopefully sorting out the medallion. Then I'll get it out in the sunlight and take some proper high resolution photos

Pictures

Medallion

Who was the guy that used to make these kind of medallions for venom years back. I remember he made one for a venom couple years back that was lost once Steve confirmed its authenticity
    I wonder if he may make one exactly the same to replace it for you.
    It may be worth trying as I've only seen one other of these ,but several 45anniversary models.
    Failing this a mould taken from existing anniversary model medallion and some kind of one being moulded of resin sprayed to colour match.
    Nice find.

I found a bit of time to take some quick pictures of the 35s Jubilaumsmodell
    They aren't the best but should give you an idea. I'm going to do a 2 or 3 part series on this gun to show stripping down, rebuild and hopefully sorting out the medallion. Then I'll get it out in the sunlight and take some proper high resolution photos

Pictures
    Very much looking forward to that review dan.
    Your photos reminded me of that time near enough a decade ago now where I happened upon the two jubilees in Gloucester. I recall the 35 being considerably darker stock wise and its brought it back to me that the same panels have been used on the 35 as 45. Logical I guess but it goes to show how bad my memory is getting as i thought they were different.
    Dont think there can be many jubilee 35s around in these parts if they were marketed on the continent?