Thread: Panorama parallax?

Panorama parallax?

Anyone re-parallaxed one of the new type panorama's with non AO?
    Thanks
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Thumbs up

yes I did a 3-9x half mild dot size 40objective I think I got from for 40-50quid second hand
    was a bit tight to release the locking ring, I think I was not only turning the outer ring but had to use a plate to turn the inner ring with the 2 slots...

if you unlock it turn out the cylinder where the front lens is in, then while holding that bit wind the outer locking ring back in. may take a few turns to get there since while winding in it may rotate the lens too.
    can go very lo distance at max magnification, but of course it will get blurry at far distance. but it is more about minimizing parallax error rig

still too few genuine airgun scopes out there!

Quote Originally Posted by krisko View Post
    yes I did a 3-9x half mild dot size 40objective I think I got from for 40-50quid second hand
    was a bit tight to release the locking ring, I think I was not only turning the outer ring but had to use a plate to turn the inner ring with the 2 slots...

if you unlock it turn out the cylinder where the front lens is in, then while holding that bit wind the outer locking ring back in. may take a few turns to get there since while winding in it may rotate the lens too.
    can go very lo distance at max magnification, but of course it will get blurry at far distance. but it is more about minimizing parallax error rig

still too few genuine airgun scopes out there!
    Thanks Kristo,
    yeah I've done meany scopes before so I'm accustomed to adjusting them, but I know some scopes are just not to be tampered with., I'm purely enquiring about the new type panorama's here:

http://uk.hawkeoptics.com/panorama-riflescopes.html

As I think I'm going to buy one of the 2-7 models. I prefer side parallax or "re-set" fixed parallax scope as apposed to AO scopes you see
    Can you confirm that the panorama 3-9x40 that you did was the same as the ones in the link?
    Thanks
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Blackrider is online now It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Its a good bit over your budget Rhys but the Vortex Diamondback 3-8x32 would really take some beating for your requirements, that is unless you really want to put the boat out (and your Bank Manager) and go for the "little Leup V2 3-9x33 EFR" !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Its a good bit over your budget Rhys but the Vortex Diamondback 3-8x32 would really take some beating for your requirements, that is unless you really want to put the boat out (and your Bank Manager) and go for the "little Leup V2 3-9x33 EFR" !
    I had one of the 2-8's it was fantastic apart from the narrow fov, I couldn't get on with it in the field. I found myself shouldering the rifle and then searching for ages to find the target!! Yes to the Leopold but no to the £500+ price tag ...... Yet

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    I had one of the 2-8's it was fantastic apart from the narrow fov, I couldn't get on with it in the field. I found myself shouldering the rifle and then searching for ages to find the target!! Yes to the Leopold but no to the £500+ price tag ...... Yet
    £469 Uttings but its still makes yer eyes water !
    “An airgun or two”………

Only wish they did it in a simple mildot.

A.G

Yeah.. I'd really love that scope with there long range duplex Ret & a CDS elevation turret. Only thing is it doesn't have any windage hold off markers so maybe the boon & Crockett Ret. But that's a custom shop version and also mega bucks.

I'd kinda wish I'd been able to keep my 2-8x32 vortex as it would have been awesome on my 97 project where the fov is of less importance. Side px down to 20yrds as well.
    Ah well... There will be others!

Yeah.. I'd really love that scope with there long range duplex Ret & a CDS elevation turret. Only thing is it doesn't have any windage hold off markers so maybe the boon & Crockett Ret. But that's a custom shop version and also mega bucks.

I'd kinda wish I'd been able to keep my 2-8x32 vortex as it would have been awesome on my 97 project where the fov is of less importance. Side px down to 20yrds as well.
    Ah well... There will be others!
    I think you should have keep it Rhys !
    “An airgun or two”………

Has no one attempted a fixed px re-parallax on the new style panorama's??? surely Some one has?
    Thanks all
    Rhys
    Last edited by rhyslightnin; 22-07-2017 at 10:57 AM.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Has no one attempted a fixed px re-parallax on the new style panorama's??? surely Simone has?
    Thanks all
    Rhys
    I haven't seen Simone post on here Rhys

Pete
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    I haven't seen Simone post on here Rhys

Pete
    Uhhhhhhhaaaaa.....
    Da dadlda da da DA DA!!!

Thanks Kristo,
    yeah I've done meany scopes before so I'm accustomed to adjusting them, but I know some scopes are just not to be tampered with., I'm purely enquiring about the new type panorama's here:

http://uk.hawkeoptics.com/panorama-riflescopes.html

As I think I'm going to buy one of the 2-7 models. I prefer side parallax or "re-set" fixed parallax scope as apposed to AO scopes you see
    Can you confirm that the panorama 3-9x40 that you did was the same as the ones in the link?
    Thanks
    Rhys
    whoops, no it was a HK5160 panorama ev, I think older model. but still it should be no problem as long the front objective is not glued in. has it got the notches in place where a tool would fit?
    you can heat it up too with gas flame, but no too long, all these is a bit risky

but as I said, why oh why all these scope have far parallax settings, as if the manufacturers were forcing people buying side focus etc scopes, it is a bit weird for a 24-40yard airgun.
    why to pay premium? just do it, go ahead.Worst think it can happen you break it. As it is it is useless for airgunning.

maybe you should step back on the evolution ladder, to a stage when people have no clue what parallax is, and they are blissful and happy.
    Last edited by krisko; 22-07-2017 at 04:14 PM.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Most scopes are made for the American market. Where 22lr is the equivalent of air gun

Pete
    Pete