Thread: Chinese air compressors on e blag

Chinese air compressors on e blag

Has any body had experience with the cheap HP air compressors on e blag, from china ,i know you get what you pay for but a bit of first hand knowledge would be good ,anyone

I too would be interested to know more about these compressors. This one just too good to be true.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maisi-300ba.../dp/B01FQLAESU

A.G

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    I too would be interested to know more about these compressors. This one just too good to be true.

A.G

I got excited then and was about to grab my card, but £170 postage seems a bit steep!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Be careful max tank size less than 0.5L

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I got excited then and was about to grab my card, but £170 postage seems a bit steep!
    Someone asked the question about shipping cost (in the questions answered bit) and the company replied seeming to say they are supplying them direct to Amazon sometime in the future.

The air drying system needs to be very effective for PCP's, I'm wondering how good that might be ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    They are retailing for about £400.00 but as you correctly say it is still a sizable investment .

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by PhilD View Post
    Be careful max tank size less than 0.5L
    If one could charge the gun up directly the small size of the tank will probably not be an issue.

A.G

If they are 400 how much more for a daystate one?
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

How much do you pay for a cylinder fill & how often do you get it filled ?

At £10 a fill with a fill every month = £120 a year so that will take 4 years to pay for itself (don't forget to add 5% import duty & 20% VAT as it's being imported) and how many people do need a cyl fill every month

Now consider how many times over that 4 years you'd be using the compressor to fill the rifle direct, and how long do you expect it to last

Decent quality compressors are 4 stage to lesson the stress at each increase these cheap ones are 2 stage so that's going to be putting a lot of stress on to that little motor & the compressor itself, I don't give much for the likely lifespan.

Be better off having a few people club together to buy a Coltri to fill your own cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    How much do you pay for a cylinder fill & how often do you get it filled ?

At £10 a fill with a fill every month = £120 a year so that will take 4 years to pay for itself (don't forget to add 5% import duty & 20% VAT as it's being imported) and how many people do need a cyl fill every month

Now consider how many times over that 4 years you'd be using the compressor to fill the rifle direct, and how long do you expect it to last

Decent quality compressors are 4 stage to lesson the stress at each increase these cheap ones are 2 stage so that's going to be putting a lot of stress on to that little motor & the compressor itself, I don't give much for the likely lifespan.

Be better off having a few people club together to buy a Coltri to fill your own cylinders.
    Sensible advice and taken onboard ,keep getting tempted by them , was thinking of using instead of a pump to fill pcps direct , after a opinion from a owner [if anyone has taken the chance on buying one]

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post

A.G
    £199.00 + £170.78 UK delivery
    Usually dispatched within 2 to 3 days. Sold by Jelly Chen

+ VAT & any duty

My RFD charges £5 to fill / top-up my 12 ltr cylinder

Quote Originally Posted by 12/200 View Post

+ VAT & any duty

I was being rather cynical my friend. After all if you read my comments regarding the Chinese made P15 in another post you realise that I am not a fan of untested Chinese manufacturing. You are quite right though. I only have my 7 litre bottle filled by the dive shop about 5 times a year on average as I also shoot springers as well as PCPs. At this rate this compressor will never pay for itself. But joking aside I think that in time, if the demand was there, the prices will come down quite a bit. Once upon a time a garage compressor would have cost over a grand but nowadays a hobby grade one ( made in China again ) is around £120.00 .

A.G

I was seriously considering buying one of the Chinese 300 bar compressors, so as i do before buying anything, did a ton of research, what I found was as follows.....

I found them to be cheaper on aliexpress so after communicating with the seller found they had a way to reduce import duties on single items (I'm not sure how, or if possible at all).

The compressors have a mechanical water/air filter, so do filter out an amount of water from air, however there's no way they can remove all moisture, so a separate active 300 bar filter/drier will be necessary to remove all water.

The lifespan of the compressor seems pretty good but after approximately 50 hrs use the working temperature of the unit raises to over 50c but still carries on to work just fine.

They are capable of filling 12 litre cylinders but will take up to 2 hrs to do it, and in which time will raise the coolant water, so replacing it with cool water would be necessary.

They are also supplied with rebuild kits (seals and gaskets).
    FX ImpactX, AirArms HFT500, 2xAirArms S200 MK3, Webley Omega, Weihrauch HW95, HW97K, HW98, HW99s, AirArms S200mk3, Gunpower Stealth, Weihrauch HW40pca, HW45 Black Star, Webley Alecto, Crosman 2240, Artemis pp700sa, Swiss Arms SA P1911, Walther CP88 competition, CP99

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pakmoto View Post
    I was seriously considering buying one of the Chinese 300 bar compressors, so as i do before buying anything, did a ton of research, what I found was as follows.....

I found them to be cheaper on aliexpress so after communicating with the seller found they had a way to reduce import duties on single items (I'm not sure how, or if possible at all).

The compressors have a mechanical water/air filter, so do filter out an amount of water from air, however there's no way they can remove all moisture, so a separate active 300 bar filter/drier will be necessary to remove all water.

The lifespan of the compressor seems pretty good but after approximately 50 hrs use the working temperature of the unit raises to over 50c but still carries on to work just fine.

They are capable of filling 12 litre cylinders but will take up to 2 hrs to do it, and in which time will raise the coolant water, so replacing it with cool water would be necessary.

They are also supplied with rebuild kits (seals and gaskets).
    Thanks for reply

To buy or not to buy

Quote Originally Posted by 12/200 View Post

+ VAT & any duty

Just looked on Amazon and it says free delivery in the uk. I have been toying with the idea of getting one myself. Three things are stopping me at the moment one the cost I fill my 12 ltr tank about five times a year at a huge cost of a fiver, second is the fact that it Chinese and as its HPA I realy do not fancy bowing the house up or myself, third one is that there are not that many reviews on them at all.

I have asked my local dive shop what they thought about it not a lot was the reply death trap etc.