Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Diana PCP!

New Diana PCP!

Oh dear.

Just out in the States. The Diana Stormrider PCP.

Which appears to be a re-badged Chinese Snow Peak (SMK) PR900W.

More than a little sad to see Diana going down this route.

Afraid so, the yanks have been on about for a while now.

A few years back they tried fitting Chinese made barrels. Diana learnt the errors of their way. Apparantly the now owners GSG, didn't take any notice of the past mistakes. Considering their range of available rifles, why GSG has decided to cheapen Diana this way is bad joke.
    TBH, there's nothing wrong with the little SPA PCP, but it isn't a quality made German rifle. No doubt there will be a premium price to go with the new badge on the action.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnlandies View Post
    A few years back they tried fitting Chinese made barrels. Diana learnt the errors of their way. Apparantly the now owners GSG, didn't take any notice of the past mistakes. Considering their range of available rifles, why GSG has decided to cheapen Diana this way is bad joke.
    TBH, there's nothing wrong with the little SPA PCP, but it isn't a quality made German rifle. No doubt there will be a premium price to go with the new badge on the action.
    I don't see a premium - I think it's $200, so cheaper than here.

But the ad blurb starts with Diana's heritage of quality guns since 1892...

I could live with Webley selling FXs as Axsors (or Diana 24s as Airwolves). At least they were of a similar quality level. But passing off a - as far as I know probably perfectly decent - cheap Chinese thing as the latest part of a long legacy of precision German engineering is pushing it a bit.

They can't even get the date right : it was 1890. Looks like a cheap pile of shite. Cheesy name as well - do the Americans go for that? Will we get it here? This is brand vandalism.
    On a brighter note: I just picked up a new 34 Premium which, although not perfect, is good quality. All is not lost just yet but you do wonder what the new owners will think of next.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    They can't even get the date right : it was 1890. Looks like a cheap pile of shite. Cheesy name as well - do the Americans go for that? Will we get it here? This is brand vandalism.
    On a brighter note: I just picked up a new 34 Premium which, although not perfect, is good quality. All is not lost just yet but you do wonder what the new owners will think of next.
    Maybe the first couple of years were a bit iffy
    And on a brighter note, the last new rifle I bought was a Diana AR8 Blaser. That, I'm well happy with.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Better keep this under wraps Geezer or Tinners will want one for his "Special PCP" !
    “An airgun or two”………

Maybe the first couple of years were a bit iffy
    And on a brighter note, the last new rifle I bought was a Diana AR8 Blaser. That, I'm well happy with.
    Just checked. It was household metalware from 1890 and Airguns from the late 1890's. Courtesy of John Walters book.

I was off the airgun scene when this happened. On coming back to the fold and hearing this I thought it was a sick joke

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    It doesn't quite seem the same when a company like DIana gets bought out and becomes part of a group, look at walther
    I wonder why it says that it has a quality German stock

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    It doesn't quite seem the same when a company like DIana gets bought out and becomes part of a group, look at walther
    I wonder why it says that it has a quality German stock
    I think the Chinese import Beech from Germany for this one. SPA are not the only ones who do this over there.

More GSG tat.

Not being funny but I was under the impression that Diana proper sold under the RWS label in the US? Could explain why they don't want to "tarnish" the brand they have built up. Doesn't make much sense mind, the world is a smaller place and they could have just released it as something else.

So what do they do? buy off snow peak add a few quid and the name then sell them on, they must think it's worth tarnishing the Diana name. Can't see them selling if the snow peak named offering is cheaper?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Better keep this under wraps Geezer or Tinners will want one for his "Special PCP" !
    I was straight onto this thread like a tramp on a can of spesh when it started. Very disappointing behaviour from a maker I've always liked.
    God rest ye jelly mental men