Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Diana PCP!

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelking View Post
    Not being funny but I was under the impression that Diana proper sold under the RWS label in the US?.
    Not now, Diana is now Diana in the US.

More correctly, Barry ...

Diana is imported to the USA (solely) by Umarex - sadly that business connection continues under the mantle of GSG ownership.

Possibly this 'situation' only applies in the US (ie: by Umarex); has anyone checked European Diana sources ?

BTW - the very brief use of Chinese barrels by Diana / M&G was only on a couple of models and there were NO (REPEAT THAT) NO reports of loss of accuracy etc with those barrels, in fact they were only noticed by the change in the number of Lands & Grooves). That business practice (outsourcing) ended after a few months and really only affected the Mod 34 range anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    It doesn't quite seem the same when a company like DIana gets bought out and becomes part of a group, look at walther
    I wonder why it says that it has a quality German stock
    Does that mean Diana's Might eventually end up as Good as Walther's ?

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by DSidelever View Post
    Diana is imported to the USA (solely) by Umarex - sadly that business connection continues under the mantle of GSG ownership.

Possibly this 'situation' only applies in the US (ie: by Umarex); has anyone checked European Diana sources ?

BTW - the very brief use of Chinese barrels by Diana / M&G was only on a couple of models and there were NO (REPEAT THAT) NO reports of loss of accuracy etc with those barrels, in fact they were only noticed by the change in the number of Lands & Grooves). That business practice (outsourcing) ended after a few months and really only affected the Mod 34 range anyway.
    Just to clarify about the the barrels that you mention a letter from Diana

http://imgur.com/fgymnnw

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    They can't even get the date right : it was 1890. Looks like a cheap pile of shite. Cheesy name as well - do the Americans go for that? Will we get it here? This is brand vandalism.
    On a brighter note: I just picked up a new 34 Premium which, although not perfect, is good quality. All is not lost just yet but you do wonder what the new owners will think of next.
    The cheesier the better. We eat it up!

Has SPA or rather the company behind SPA bought the Diana brand?