Thread: refitting Webley Tracker/Osprey taploader, how to?

refitting Webley Tracker/Osprey taploader, how to?

I have to refit my Trackers taploader. It had been removed to deburr.
    Whats the best way to refit? The tap seems to rotate along with the retainerscrew, leaving the loading hole in the wrong spot..I did notice the hole on the other side of the taploader but I dont know what goes in. Its not a wrench.
    Also, there seems to be a small edge/rim inside the loadinghole of the tap. But the edge is on one side only. What side should this edge be on with taploader opened(=ready to load pellet)? Up or down?
    I checked my osprey, but that taploader doesnt show any edge inside. Not visible when fitted anyway. So that suggests its not there or it should be on the down side?
    ATB,
    yana

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    The bevel on the breech tap should be in the upper-most position. Stick a pencil or dowell in the tap to stop it turning, fit the tap lever in the open position, then remove the dowell. Job jobbed!
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Looks like it has been fitted the wrong way around somewhere in its life.
    When I turn it the other way around, the pellet falls right in. So looks like its tapered after all
    (with the rim úp, see link (if it works) )
    https://postimg.org/image/sz7z2jn1b/
    ATB,
    yana

The pellet hole is tapered and the tap should be installed with the dot to the bottom. Push the lever onto the tap then tighten the screw rather than allow the screw to draw the lever onto the tap.