Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rack of eye twist of gob

Rack of eye twist of gob

Today i watched the Weihrauch Factory visit on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgCQf16QSjk

and very interestingit was too, what surprised me was how hands on it was, i thought there would have been more robots about the place, craftsmen were involved in almost every part of the manufacture. Something else that surprised me was the manual straightening of barrels using a hand operated press and checking by eye, i saw a similar thing when i watched Terry's video of his visit to the FX factory, seems for some things the rack of eye twist of gob is still the best method, not a laser to be seen.

Absolutely brilliant and thank you for posting; very enlightening.

Many interesting processes shown.

I could watch this again and again.

That machine screwing on the end blocks (HW77?) was both eye-opening and very interesting.

Having read Terry's and Phill's articles in the magazines, to be able to see this video is a fantastic compliment to those articles.

Thanks, Terry.

Mods / admin - how about this going into the Useful Tips Section for an invaluable resource?

Although it may come as a shock to some (), I love Weihrauchs and would love to be able to visit the factory.

Thanks again to all involved.
    Last edited by TonyL; 21-07-2017 at 10:57 AM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

While some may well be tradition I suspect the limited production numbers also mean automation is simply never going to be cost efficient.

Just thought I'd Boing this up, folks.

Hard to know how many people have watched the video as there have been so few replies, but I really think this is a "must see".
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Having watched it several times, I realize what value for money their products represent.

An enjoyable view .

Thank you very interesting & certainly a more in depth tour than the Daystate one.
    Im still left with this thought.
    Why do we still read reports on fora re- rifles going back to HC for remedial`s / new barrels ect if the QA is so so good

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weihrauch

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Where's the special department where they mix the swarf with the grease and butcher the springs

That'll get Tony's back up

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Where's the special department where they mix the swarf with the grease and butcher the springs

That'll get Tony's back up

Pete
    I’m probably wrong but I understood that the spring issueswere down to HC, as Weihrauch just fitted the export spring and HC “adjusted”it for UK power levels.
    Don’t confuse luck with ability.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodger21 View Post
    I’m probably wrong but I understood that the spring issueswere down to HC, as Weihrauch just fitted the export spring and HC “adjusted”it for UK power levels.
    Most probably but would HW fit the same spring for the German market which has a 6ftp limit if I'm not mistaken.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Very interesting, did our very own Neil 180 film it ? certainly sounds like him. Any one else notice the tester not holding onto the barrel whilst loading it ? Great watch

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Very interesting, did our very own Neil 180 film it ? certainly sounds like him. Any one else notice the tester not holding onto the barrel whilst loading it ? Great watch
    Is it not Terry Doe?
    http://www.airgunshooting.co.uk/news...2011-1-1113444 video won't play on my phone.
    Last edited by bighit; 23-07-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Most probably but would HW fit the same spring for the German market which has a 6ftp limit if I'm not mistaken.

Pete
    As I posted the spring would be the "export" one that would go to other countries.
    Don’t confuse luck with ability.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Is it not Terry Doe?
    http://www.airgunshooting.co.uk/news...2011-1-1113444 video won't play on my phone.
    If memory serves, yes it is.

Terry appears to have changed his name to Ahmed Sokar though ...

Naughty....

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    Today i watched the Weihrauch Factory visit on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgCQf16QSjk

and very interestingit was too, what surprised me was how hands on it was, i thought there would have been more robots about the place, craftsmen were involved in almost every part of the manufacture. Something else that surprised me was the manual straightening of barrels using a hand operated press and checking by eye, i saw a similar thing when i watched Terry's video of his visit to the FX factory, seems for some things the rack of eye twist of gob is still the best method, not a laser to be seen.
    FAKE NEWS - all that was footage shot in the 1980s and done over with CGI. Everyone knows Weihrauchs are made in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Taz72 View Post
    If memory serves, yes it is.

Terry appears to have changed his name to Ahmed Sokar though ...

Naughty....
    Ha ha. Could not find Terry 's original video on YouTube. Just the one I found above in my post.