Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: target retrieval

target retrieval

hi our club is looking for a 6 lane over head target system can any body point me in the right direction
    .177 STEYR HUNTING SCOUT SA FULL CARBON SHROUD BUSHNELL ELITE 4200

Sorry, can't resist

Upwards? Joking aside many US police shows seem to have hanging targets powered by a hand wheel, possibly geared for extra speed, but I've no idea where to get one, but should be relatively easy to make.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Ragle Jnr View Post
    Upwards? Joking aside many US police shows seem to have hanging targets powered by a hand wheel, possibly geared for extra speed, but I've no idea where to get one, but should be relatively easy to make.
    David
    well i was really thinking of down range (joking aside)

now seriously trying to find a over head system that will cope with 10m 20m and 25yds

Contact Barrie at Dorset rifle and pistol association, we have that fitted at Parkstone gun club, home made but been working for 20 years! I'm sure he's got the parts list and the how to guide too!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean-m View Post
    Contact Barrie at Dorset rifle and pistol association, we have that fitted at Parkstone gun club, home made but been working for 20 years! I'm sure he's got the parts list and the how to guide too!
    i have tried but no responce yet

When I had a tour of Air Arms they were making them there for a customer. Air Arms is an Engineering Company, NSP Engineering, who happen to make guns under the Air Ams brand. They are still an engineering company

Notlob

Quote Originally Posted by notlob View Post
    When I had a tour of Air Arms they were making them there for a customer. Air Arms is an Engineering Company, NSP Engineering, who happen to make guns under the Air Ams brand. They are still an engineering company

Notlob

hi thanks just given them a call and again unfortunately it is not something that they do apparently

Any roller door track & some light wire will do the job.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

http://www.euroshooting.eu/en/index.php?detail=180

Not an overhead system but the cheapest available (that I can find). I'm sure that you could adapt the ideas used in this system to make your own fairly cheaply, even as an overhead rather than table level system. One thing I will say having used and seen a fair variety of manual and electric target changers over the years I have been shooting is that you need your target carrier to locate firmly with a supportive stop at the range you require to shoot, shooting a target that is not properly engaged with a stop means the target carrier moves every time you shoot and will also wave about in the slightest breeze so devising a multi-range system to use from one shooting position will be somewhat more complex than simply winding the target to 10m or 25m for example. If you have shooting at different ranges from the same bench possibly consider 2 changers for each lane.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Can i suggest you try a company that supplies the police or military?it is the type of equipment that they would use on indoor training ranges.
    So a supplier of defense equipment?
    Would the NSRA shop be able to point you toward someone?
    Would Gehman make such a thing?
    Don.

As gwyn suggests, a Defence supplier would likely suit (though the price might not!).

Or ask these guys up in Barnsley where they got theirs.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

I would contact some indoor ranges in the USA as they all seem to have what you are looking for so they must make them there. I am sure they would not mind pointing you ion the right direction.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by rancidtom View Post
    http://www.euroshooting.eu/en/index.php?detail=180

Not an overhead system but the cheapest available (that I can find). I'm sure that you could adapt the ideas used in this system to make your own fairly cheaply, even as an overhead rather than table level system. One thing I will say having used and seen a fair variety of manual and electric target changers over the years I have been shooting is that you need your target carrier to locate firmly with a supportive stop at the range you require to shoot, shooting a target that is not properly engaged with a stop means the target carrier moves every time you shoot and will also wave about in the slightest breeze so devising a multi-range system to use from one shooting position will be somewhat more complex than simply winding the target to 10m or 25m for example. If you have shooting at different ranges from the same bench possibly consider 2 changers for each lane.
    many thanks i will investgate

http://www.intarso.de/en new kit will give you some ideas

http://www.druckluftwaffenonline.de/zubehoer.htm s/h kit near the bottom of the page

John
    ,AA , Magtech , Arnie, Sako, Ruger . plus the others .