Thread: Resealing a PCP - to lube or not to lube the o-rings?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've regularly use silicone grease on the o rings for my wife's BSA ULTRA charging probe as it helps prevent air leaking during the charging process and it prevents the o rings perishing - so in short definitely use the silicone grease on o-rings if you want to preserve them/maintain it performance.
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Just a smear of SM 50 on the O rings. The exception for me is in the REG of my HW 100 where one O ring was advised to be left dry.

A.G

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Just a smear of SM 50 on the O rings. The exception for me is in the REG of my HW 100 where one O ring was advised to be left dry.

A.G
    Oooh you'll upset 'em saying that, we all know that the HW100 does not have a reg in it, despite them fitting one!

Dow Corning MS4. if you leave it long enough to settle you get oil and grease. i worked with it long enough.
    the oil that floats to the top will waterproof the bluing better than any shop bought anti waterproof oil.
    just a bit of info on molly. did you know the the roll up cabs on lorries use it.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Lubrication with silicone grease/oil promotes even seating of the seal. Prevents the oring from bunching up on rotation.