Thread: Browning Airstar not for the faint of heart, lol

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Browning Airstar not for the faint of heart, lol

Been firing my Airstar with the new battery and it was working fine, then all of a sudden the electric safety didn't engage the trigger. Well at that point you have a cocked gun and no way to fire it. Turned it off and on, and rehit safety, nothing. Unplugged battery and reset, but the electronics now wants you to cock the gun and you can't cause it is already cocked. Well I figured this was a good time to learn how to take the gun apart! Lol. Well there are 10 screws along the stock, all out, did nothing. Remembered the parts diagram and there are two screws that hold the barrel, one at the trigger guard and another under loading port. Those screws out and barrel pops off. Thin wires going into the trigger mechanism to what looks like a miniature electro-magnet? Assume when you hit the safety button, this is charged and is attracted to metal and moves. Played with it but couldn't mechanically get anything to engage trigger. Put the barrel in my large wood vice and just tripped the main sear with a screwdriver. Sprayed some WD40 into the trigger mechanism. Was cool to see all the cocking gears and that mechanism when open, will be easy to lubricate. Put it all back together so now I can go through the cocking sequence and hit the safety. Works fine, hopefully just needed lubrication. Got to know the gun real fast, only two screws to take apart. But does demonstrate the issues of over reliance on the electronics.
    Last edited by 45flint; 21-07-2017 at 06:45 PM.