Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Borescope Enderscope ?

Borescope Enderscope ?

Hi all
    Not sure if this is in the right section, As any one had any experience in using the above ( Endoscope) for viewing down the barrel of a air gun?. I have a issue with my Bsa Hornet barrel and I want to have a look down the first inch or so of the barrel. It would be for a .177 cal barrel.
    Any recommendations would be great, cheers.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Hi all
    Not sure if this is in the right section, As any one had any experience in using the above ( Endoscope) for viewing down the barrel of a air gun?. I have a issue with my Bsa Hornet barrel and I want to have a look down the first inch or so of the barrel. It would be for a .177 cal barrel.
    Any recommendations would be great, cheers.
    Les..
    Hi Les, I've been looking for a .17 cal unit like the .22 lyman digital bore scope. Unfortunately I've not found anything yet and the price of a Hawkeye mechanical unit is priced purely for professional use imo.

neil
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

Quote Originally Posted by stillair1 View Post
    Hi Les, I've been looking for a .17 cal unit like the .22 lyman digital bore scope. Unfortunately I've not found anything yet and the price of a Hawkeye mechanical unit is priced purely for professional use imo.

neil
    Hi Neil
    Thanks for the reply
    I have seen a few on the web , but they seem to be 8mm diameter probe or more.
    There are the types used with a Android phone but I don't know how good they are?.
    Atb
    Les..

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Would it not be cheaper and easier to just buy a new barrel ?
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Would it not be cheaper and easier to just buy a new barrel ?
    A new Barrel and Rfd charges from knibbs would be £100 plus.
    It's a accuracy problem that manifest after 100 plus shots from a barrel cleaning session,I can feel there is a little bit more resistance when pushing the probe in whilst loading the pellet, the resulting shot is then 2+ inches lower at the 7 o'clock position, prior to this the gun is spot on.
    Les.

So if I'm correct your only option is to polish out the tight spot. Can't you just do it anyway without looking down it ? by the sound of it you have little to loose

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    So if I'm correct your only option is to polish out the tight spot. Can't you just do it anyway without looking down it ? by the sound of it you have little to loose
    I think you are correct regarding the tight spot, I have had the gun about 3 years or more and it as always been my most accurate pcp gun. It started acting up a couple of months ago, so I cleaned the barrel and after releading the barrel it was grouping well at 35 yards.
    How would you polish the tight spot away?, it's not something that I have done myself.
    Les..

I've not had the need to polish, but I'm sure someone will be along to offer advice. I'm aware some have done it with favourable results

I've not had the need to polish, but I'm sure someone will be along to offer advice. I'm aware some have done it with favourable results
    Thanks for the advice mate.
    Regards
    Les..

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    What pellets are you using?
    Master Debater

Borescope Enderscope ?

i have, i used a mop & solvol autosol. I cleaned out the lands with phospher bronze brush before & after & shot a few fag filters through to final polish.Worked really well but it was on a BAM chinese daystate clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    What pellets are you using?
    After Barrel clean Pax exterminaters 60 pellets very accurate,AA field 4.53 good accuracy 15 pellets,Jsb exact4.53 very good groups 45 pellets used,after this pellets felt tighter in the barrel and accuracy fell.
    The barrel as not been pellet fussy in the past.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    i have, i used a mop & solvol autosol. I cleaned out the lands with phospher bronze brush before & after & shot a few fag filters through to final polish.Worked really well but it was on a BAM chinese daystate clone.
    Thanks for the advice, I would have a go myself , but I am a little heavy handed with the delicate stuff.
    Atb
    Les..

Borescope Enderscope ?

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Thanks for the advice, I would have a go myself , but I am a little heavy handed with the delicate stuff.
    Atb
    Les..
    Shame I didn't live closer I'd have done it for you. although I suspect the bsa barrel steel will be a bit harder to polish than the BAM witch didn't take much, maybe 3 polishes i think to get good accuracy, then 20 or so pellets to re-lead.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Shame I didn't live closer I'd have done it for you. although I suspect the bsa barrel steel will be a bit harder to polish than the BAM witch didn't take much, maybe 3 polishes i think to get good accuracy, then 20 or so pellets to re-lead.
    Thanks for the offer, I will have a go my self and see how it goes.
    ATB
    Les..