Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Borescope Enderscope ?

Quote Originally Posted by stillair1 View Post
    Hi Les, I've been looking for a .17 cal unit like the .22 lyman digital bore scope. Unfortunately I've not found anything yet and the price of a Hawkeye mechanical unit is priced purely for professional use imo.

neil
    I have a Hawkeye if you are ever passing.
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Borescope Enderscope ?

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Thanks for the offer, I will have a go my self and see how it goes.
    ATB
    Les..
    I used a cheap barrel cleaning kit but as a pull through.I carefully wrapped the steel rods with a layer of tape to protect the crown first. Maybe if you havn't used solvol before try some on some steel to get an idea of how abrasive it is first.On a pcp i remove the barrel first & clean the port to firing valve after to remove any traces of the paste, you won't need much though. The difference it made was from an inaccurate pellet fussy gun to one of my best barrels easily equalling my sons bowkett blueprinted R10 out to 50yds.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    I have a Hawkeye if you are ever passing.
    Thanks for the offer Sir much appreciated.
    Atb
    Les

4mm borescopes can be had from the states. Around $600 last time I looked.

[QUOTE=junglie;7305135]I used a cheap barrel cleaning kit but as a pull through.I carefully wrapped the steel rods with a layer of tape to protect the crown first. Maybe if you havn't used solvol before try some on some steel to get an idea of how abrasive it is first.On a pcp i remove the barrel first & clean the port to firing valve after to remove any traces of the paste, you won't need much though. The difference it made was from an inaccurate pellet fussy gun to one of my best barrels easily equalling my sons bowkett blueprinted R10 out to 50yds.
    Ok I will give it a go .
    Regards
    Les..

Hi,
    I have been told that the air inlet in the barrel can cause problems. I was advised to load the pellet and then point the rifle down and gently tap the side of the breach so the pellet passes this hole with gravity, then insert the probe.
    Bit of a faff but seemed to work with my ultra.
    Worth a try to see if it works.
    Si
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    4mm borescopes can be had from the states. Around $600 last time I looked.
    That's a bit to much for me , a new barrel would be cheaper .
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by si7777777 View Post
    Hi,
    I have been told that the air inlet in the barrel can cause problems. I was advised to load the pellet and then point the rifle down and gently tap the side of the breach so the pellet passes this hole with gravity, then insert the probe.
    Bit of a faff but seemed to work with my ultra.
    Worth a try to see if it works.
    Si
    The gun only shoots badly when I can feel resistance on the loading probe on pushing the pellet in the barrel. I am going to load a pellet in the gun as per normal and then push it back using a thin rod and see if there is any marks on the pellet.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    The gun only shoots badly when I can feel resistance on the loading probe on pushing the pellet in the barrel. I am going to load a pellet in the gun as per normal and then push it back using a thin rod and see if there is any marks on the pellet.
    Les..
    you are shaving the pellet on the transfer port. once the pellet is just in the start of the barrel give it a jiggle and it will fall in to the barrel without clipping. its normal bsa practice, any resistance on closing the probe, fire off and reload.

On the bay 3.9mm endoscope 282579447339 £80 ish

Quote Originally Posted by MTA123 View Post
    you are shaving the pellet on the transfer port. once the pellet is just in the start of the barrel give it a jiggle and it will fall in to the barrel without clipping. its normal bsa practice, any resistance on closing the probe, fire off and reload.
    I have loaded the gun as described above using JSB exact , the pellet skirt still cover,'s the transfer port and needs the probe for pellet insertion in to the barrel. I have taken the scope and mounts off and have shone a torch into the breech loading area, I can see the transfer port and it all looks clean .
    Les

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    On the bay 3.9mm endoscope 282579447339 £80 ish
    Thanks for the info.
    Les..

Is it multi-shot, magazine fed? Is it possible the pellets are not aligning properly in the magazine and causing shaving of the pellets? Have you tried loading individual pellets manually?

Quote Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
    Is it multi-shot, magazine fed? Is it possible the pellets are not aligning properly in the magazine and causing shaving of the pellets? Have you tried loading individual pellets manually?
    It's a single shot, up to a couple of hundred pellets ago the gun as performed flawlessly?.
    Les..