Thread: ASI Paratrooper Spare Parts.

ASI Paratrooper Spare Parts.

I'm in the process of acquiring an ASI Gamo Paratrooper that's missing it's front sight post and hood.The front sight base is present.

Where can I source the missing parts, does anyone know?

Knibbs,Chambers and Protek's currently have none.

I have finally found the foresight I knew I had complete with sight blade and hood.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm3xB7zY

Photos show one f/sight base with broken blade and the complete one and the hood. Please let me know if you are interested in any of these bits.
    Cheers
    Phil

Thanks for your reply and the pictures.

I have the Paratrooper and today have just finished stripping, cleaning, lubing and reassembling it.The gun is transformed and shoots really sweetly which is a big pleasant surprise to me.

The front sight assembly I have on the gun and I'm sure it is original to the gun is not plastic,but made from a cast metal with a transverse screw which serves the purpose of retaining the metal sight blade and also securing the assembly to the muzzle.

If,however the one you show in the pictures which I'm sure is Gamo will fit the Paratrooper I would indeed be very interested in it.

I am sure the alloy sights were for the early models and in the 80s they changed over to the plastic ones. In my old Gamo parts book the front sight (as in my pics - part ref no 3384) is common to 15 of the 17 models listed (one didn't have open sights and the other had interchangeable ring elements). I seem to remember that alloy and plastic were interchangeable, but the memory isn't what I think it was?! Confirmation would be good. I am 90% sure it would fit.
    The diameter of the barrel that the sight fits onto is 12mm, what is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by philipk5 View Post
    I am sure the alloy sights were for the early models and in the 80s they changed over to the plastic ones. In my old Gamo parts book the front sight (as in my pics - part ref no 3384) is common to 15 of the 17 models listed (one didn't have open sights and the other had interchangeable ring elements). I seem to remember that alloy and plastic were interchangeable, but the memory isn't what I think it was?! Confirmation would be good. I am 90% sure it would fit.
    The diameter of the barrel that the sight fits onto is 12mm, what is yours?

I have just measured the diameter of my Paratroopers barrel at the muzzle and it is 12mm.

Picture on this page confirms the front sight you have is correct for the Paratrooper,

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2012/...e-past-part-1/

How does £8 by bt inc p&p sound for complete sight inc hood?

Thanks for the offer of your front sight I am tempted,but have decided to just make up a blade to fit the alloy sight base that I have and keep a lookout for an original alloy assembly with hood.

ATB.

Quote Originally Posted by philipk5 View Post
    How does £8 by bt inc p&p sound for complete sight inc hood?
    Any chance this foresight still available, long time ago I know, worth a try