Thread: Collectables image hosting

Collectables image hosting

I have created an image hosting site on the same web host as my vintage gallery, mainly for collectables members so they can link to pics like on Imgur, Flickr etc, although any BBS member could use it for one or two airgun pics in a post if they wanted to.

Please don't share this information beyond BBS members.

I will monitor the use closely and if the details are spread too widely and loads of pics are uploaded, especially non-airgun ones, I'll have to shut it down, although the links will remain.

Go to this thread in members only for login details:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....03#post7304403
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Hello Danny,

Very useful and much appreciated.

Regards
    Brian

Collectable image hosting

Thank you so much for doing this. I've never used an image hosting site before but will use this to share my little collection with fellow enthusiasts

Best regards

Garry

Great move

Well done Danny, I tried to upload one, but it said 'file too big' nothing unusual for me to struggle with technology

How is the the other fund coming along?

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Well done Danny, I tried to upload one, but it said 'file too big' nothing unusual for me to struggle with technology

How is the the other fund coming along?
    The host has a file size limit of 2mb so the image you tried to upload must have been bigger, I suppose.

I'm not actively fundraising now, but have just left donations in the Paypal account to pay for future years, and I've left the donation buttons live for now too.

Several volunteers plus myself have already got stuck into the job of switching links away from Photobucket and we're well on course to do it before the December 2018 deadline. Almost 2,000 links have already been converted already - only 20,000 odd to go if you include the BSA/Diana/Falke galleries!

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to automate it.

LeonardJ in Canada has heroically repaired all his broken Photobucket links already - more than 500 of them.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.