Thread: Original 50 T01- Maligned by Some

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Come on man, stop beating about the bush and say what you really mean. Seriously, I appreciate your viewpoint as it comes from first-hand experience. It sounds woeful though. A lemon and an oversprung lemon at that. I have experienced an oversprung T01 and i almost broke a tooth. But not all of them are like that.
    Several of those negatives could or should affect a 45 as the ramp (and presumably steel) trigger, blade, piston seal, safety catch are the same. I didn't know about the plastic foresight as mine is cast steel.
    I'm not at all sure it's completely without charm as it is after all 50 with 45 guts. Neither of which are lacking in character or purpose. But perhaps there are limits to it's design and its best run (with leather) at well under 12fpe. Giving a leather washered tap loader enough spring to approach 12 is probably a bad idea. Perhaps The Airgun Centre- tuned rifles!- they say, gave them some serious coils. Who knows.
    I'm glad I didn't judge the model from one example and tracked one down for myself. I'm enjoying the strange hybrid nobody bought.
    Last edited by Drew451; 23-07-2017 at 03:36 PM.