Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do HW fans still think that the new type cocking shoe is a improvement

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I wonder if Ivan Hancock & Dave Pope thought the old shoes were junk, they seem to work OK in their guns
    They didn't have an alternative. I suppose you could ask Steve Pope if he is throwing away the new ones and searching for the older version to make his tunes more - stamped steely - ? The new one is clearly a better design and more strongly supported, anyone wanting to go back to the old one because it is stamped steel instead of a casting is some kind of Luddite or a beard-oiling hipster with an obsession with the retro. The cylinder locating 'tiles' on the 95 and 98 are cast, you aren't complaining about those bad boys.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    The new type does look better and has been out for a while now, I was just wondering if there had been any problems with smoothness sliding on the cylinder or any breakages, but I can see you guys here like them
    I have had no problems with the old shoe always smooth and I kind of like to keep my older 80 original apart from the spring guide ofcourse

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    The new type does look better and has been out for a while now, I was just wondering if there had been any problems with smoothness sliding on the cylinder or any breakages, but I can see you guys here like them
    I have had no problems with the old shoe always smooth and I kind of like to keep my older 80 original apart from the spring guide ofcourse
    I've been a long time fan of the old style shoe and never had any problems save one break at the tab. The new style shoes do save wear on the piston sleeve but can be sticky in the cocking slot. Polishing the slot and shoe properly make them run fine.
    B.A.S.C. member