Thread: Do HW fans still think that the new type cocking shoe is a improvement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

Do HW fans still think that the new type cocking shoe is a improvement

Im still reluctant to buy the new HW break barrel guns and also the cast metal parts as spares as the old steel parts look stronger, I'm so old school lol, anyway has there been any reports of problems with the new cast parts and star breech barrels?
    To me the old metal stamp out steel shoe look stronger but maybe I'm wrong http://imgur.com/7LCNTwk

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Think you've found a big non-issue there. I've not had a problem with any of mine of many, many thousands of shots.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Let me guess. Diana has a better method?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I think the new one is a better design, it runs on the cocking slot more accurately and cleanly. I don't give a monkey's about the mighty stamped steel one, it is not a Saxon sword to be matched against a Norman lance, but a small part that has to transmit force during a relatively slow compression stroke. Try crushing one in a vice or hitting one with a lump hammer. Test your prejudice!
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 22-07-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I think the new one is a better design, it runs on the cocking slot more accurately and cleanly. I don't give a monkey's about the mighty stamped steel one, it is not a Saxon sword to be matched against a Norman lance, but a small part that has to transmit force during a relatively slow compression stroke. Try crushing one in a vice or hitting one with a lump hammer. Test your prejudice!
    Yes you could be right I just have a liking for the old HW 80 as it was and didn't want it to change, a .20 star breech barrel might be the first thing that I might try

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Think you've found a big non-issue there. I've not had a problem with any of mine of many, many thousands of shots.
    I've replaced most of my HW's with the new type - the only issue 'can be' that you will need to relieve the inletting of the stock at the trigger end to make space for the increased length of the new shoe.

Cheers Steve

I have a HW95 mk1 with the old shoe and Im waiting for the new show to arrive, Im hoping the new one will help out with my rattling cocking lever. can anyone advise if it will help with this?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas9784 View Post
    I have a HW95 mk1 with the old shoe and Im waiting for the new show to arrive, Im hoping the new one will help out with my rattling cocking lever. can anyone advise if it will help with this?
    The pin joint at the breech block should be tight, so yes the only other point it can rattle at is the shoe. If the breech block joint isnt tight then you could try shimming it.