Thread: Parker-Hale Dragon won't fire

Parker-Hale Dragon won't fire

Just to add to the sudden surge of Dragon threads...

I've just gone to shoot my dragon there and nothing happens. It feels almost as though the sear hasn't engaged or hammer not cocked.

Gun currently full of air and a pellet in the breech (although I might knock that out with a cleaning rod in a moment to make safe)

Any tips on resolving? Gun is definitely charged as I can feel it 'suck' when trying to open the cocking lever.

Snap

I have one here with the same fault,
    Was looking for an easy fix but I think a strip is on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie View Post
    Just to add to the sudden surge of Dragon threads...

I've just gone to shoot my dragon there and nothing happens. It feels almost as though the sear hasn't engaged or hammer not cocked.

Gun currently full of air and a pellet in the breech (although I might knock that out with a cleaning rod in a moment to make safe)

Any tips on resolving? Gun is definitely charged as I can feel it 'suck' when trying to open the cocking lever.
    You could just open the cocking lever to depressurise the valve chamber to make the gun safe.

If you're definitely making pressure your problem could be caused by one of two things, either the sear is not disengaging from the valve allowing it to move downwards, or the valve could be seized in its sealing O rings.

After depressurising the gun and removing the trigger housing alone you can get to the base of the exhaust valve to check its movement.
    If the O rings are suspected of needing replacing you'll have to remove the barrel assembly to get to the top O ring on the valve.

All the best Mick

Remember to store with the valve button in, ans ideally barrel down.

This is a common fault, mine did/does it alot.

I thought rebuilding would help but didn't take accurate enough note of the sear screw settings and had to experiment, ad nauseum. It's worth it, they're a lovely thing once done.

There's a few good tutorials out there, but basically the best advice I csn give is take accurate notes and pics of all the screw adjustments as you go, the rest is fairly straight forward.

Good luck!
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

Actually, they can't be repaired and I'd be happy to buy it off you as is.

;-D
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

As an extremely late follow up to this since I've popped back here for something else...

I put the Dragon back into the gun cupboard muzzle down and left it. Picked it up a few weeks later and now firing happily again - will have to remember to keep it stored upside down in future

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie View Post
    As an extremely late follow up to this since I've popped back here for something else...

I put the Dragon back into the gun cupboard muzzle down and left it. Picked it up a few weeks later and now firing happily again - will have to remember to keep it stored upside down in future
    Useful to know, I’ll have to go turn mine muzzle down. Any idea why storing it muzzle down prevents it sticking?