Thread: Pcp .25

Pcp .25

Having had my SFS Snipe in .25 for a couple of months now, I really cannot see why this calibre is not more popular. It just gives the target, whatever it is, such a clout. Once you've done your bit on range and drop off, it's very similar in that aspect to .177 and .22. Now, I have serveral pcp's and am toying with the idea of a Weihrauch 100 , if they do one, or a Daystate Pulsar.
    What's your thoughts on .25 pcp's ?

Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    Having had my SFS Snipe in .25 for a couple of months now, I really cannot see why this calibre is not more popular. It just gives the target, whatever it is, such a clout. Once you've done your bit on range and drop off, it's very similar in that aspect to .177 and .22. Now, I have serveral pcp's and am toying with the idea of a Weihrauch 100 , if they do one, or a Daystate Pulsar.
    Like any cal get to know your setup .

Hoping for a FAC.25 soon

And .25 - sorts the men out from the boys .... BRILLIANT cal.

It's a lot of fun

As said, ranges need to be worked out but, it's easier to place a .25 pellet with a pcp than a springer.

There's just so much satisfaction when it hits - especially if your watching the pellet drop in on a long range target.

All of the above.

.25 in FAC is very good long range caliber. Jsb king heavies have .05 BC thus giving good wind resistance for a pellet.
    Viking Mk2 .177/.22 bullpup, BSA Scorpion SE .177, BSA Scorpion .25 100M gun, BSA Scorpion .224 100fpe 100M gun,
    Evanix Blizzard .257/.357 200M BR, Evanix Sniper X2 .45 at 270 fpe

Thumbs up

I have a spitfire, ultra and rapid in .25. Plus a rapid .25 FAC. They are all enjoyable to use and have their quirks. Ultra or scorpion in 25 for sub 12fpe and rapid at FAC would be my recommendation. Though you can't go wrong with a rapid either side of 12fpe.
    It's a fab cal and awesome once mastered with holdover.
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

I've only got 2 PCP's left, a sub12 MFR .20 & FAC Rapid in .25 and in truth only the FAC .25 ever gets used because it does everything.

I previously had both springer & PCP .25 in sub12 and would buy another for a ratting permission.

I realise that this thread is for pcp .25, but what would be the best springer for sub 12 in .25 cal ?

Quote Originally Posted by jm5* View Post
    I realise that this thread is for pcp .25, but what would be the best springer for sub 12 in .25 cal ?
    As I've said, I've got a SFS Snipe, a HW99s.
    Best qualities about it ? Light weight, accurate and pointable.

Quote Originally Posted by jm5* View Post
    Hatsan do several in .25, I had a striker which would have been nice with a better trigger, so one of theirs but with a Quattro trigger.

for hunting, killing pests etc. larger calibre is better. simply when hit by .25 in my experience nothing will walk away

.177 loses speed fast, at short range overpenetrates.
    .20 I am not going to comment on
    .22 is a compromise
    .25 rocks even at sub12. H&N FTT is 19-20grain so trajectory is OK like a .22

your range will be reduced, because range finding error will limit your killzone, over certain distance but on the other side a .25 retains more energy so not that bad at all.

also when plinking/shooting cans, it is lot more fun, easier to load because of the pellet size. skirts also deform a wee bit harder.

I have two .177s and a .22 now I consider those as purchasing mistakes really.

in .25 to me it seems the friction in the barrel makes a lot difference, can be a bit challenge to set it up sub 12. probably .22 is more efficient but not far off

I cant see any .25 HW PCP in the pipeline
    Last edited by krisko; 24-07-2017 at 07:56 PM.

As I've said, I've got a SFS Snipe, a HW99s.
    Best qualities about it ? Light weight, accurate and pointable.
    Now just stop rubbing it in! Lol. I would love a snipe! I have an '80 in .25 that's been worked on with a lightweight maccari stock and venom shroud. I wonder how it would compare in a face off with your snipe I'm picking up an imp tonight, just to see what all the fuss is about
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

I've PCPs and springers in .25,great pellet size for those with not so nimble fingers,shooting them is a joy,like everything you get used to their quirks.

I had a scorpion se in .25 and it was fantastic tool up to 30 ish yards.
    They know they've been hit when the lead hits home

.25 is the point where an AIRgun becomes an airGUN.