Thread: Bsa ultra jsr

Bsa ultra jsr

Evening all, I have been given a bsa ultra jsr for my son to learn to shoot with but he has no interest as he is mad about football and that takes up all his time. But my better half likes the size and fit of this little rifle and I am curious to know if there is much difference between this and an ultra se? Also can it be set to run at 11ftlbs? Or am I best trading it in against an ultra? I know adjusting power cannot be spoken about on open forum and I would only like to know if it is possible and cost effective to do this as it's a lovely little rifle.

Thanks in advance for any replies

I suspect the only difference will be the hammer Spring. To access to increase to 11fpe would require anti tamper removal thus voiding the warranty. I'd try part ex with supplying dealer or sell on here. I'd have given my right arm for this when I was a kid!!!

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    I suspect the only difference will be the hammer Spring. To access to increase to 11fpe would require anti tamper removal thus voiding the warranty. I'd try part ex with supplying dealer or sell on here. I'd have given my right arm for this when I was a kid!!!
    I would have loved this at his age as well. he was just like oh it's another gun you got then dad so that was the end of that and he got his football and went out. Loosing the warranty doesn't matter as you can't transfer it. but may see about swapping it in then if it's a pain to bring up to 11ftlbs as the misses did like the size of it.

Do-able yes.
    Cost effective ; unlikely unless you have the bits and are handy with messing around with pcp's

If the fit is the thing you might be as well off hanging on to it and looking for a s/h normal ultra to drop the action into your jsr stock - last time I bothered trying to find one you couldn't get the stock on its own (I wanted to try swapping one over on my ultra for my nephew - that may have changed now though, as they'll need to supply spares for them at some point.

I think your wife would be ok with a std ultra stock, my 15yr old has no problem with mine. I'd chop it in rather than messing with it.

Hi, still relatively new to the sport. Is this rifle recommended for bell target/paper targets for my 10yr old daughter over the bsa scorpion cadet?
    Did consider the Hatsan atp2, but as we will probably share this rifle in the club, along with my son when he's old enough and mature enough to join. The shot string for the bsa's is more appreciated. Is a diopter sight easily fitable on this?

Maybe a phone call to bsa would be best as there may also be transfer port differences as well as hammer Spring size. As mentioned I'd sell it and buy a ultra full powered version. They are cracking little guns.

There was an autopsy of JSR posted somewhere a while ago and IIRC the only real difference was the transfer port size. Very easy to drill out for 11+ fpe power.
    Viking Mk2 .177/.22 bullpup, BSA Scorpion SE .177, BSA Scorpion .25 100M gun, BSA Scorpion .224 100fpe 100M gun,
    Evanix Blizzard .257/.357 200M BR, Evanix Sniper X2 .45 at 270 fpe