Thread: Realistic price

Elwood is offline Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean to say they aren't trying to get me.

Realistic price

For a Theoben Evo carbine in .20 cal. In mint condition and come complete with silencer.
    I have scanned the net trying to find old sales threads but it appears that the .20 cal is quite rare, and when I do find one that has been sold the price has been removed.

There was a thread on here a few weeks ago about people trying to sell at stupidly high prices, I don't want to be one of them, but at the same time I'm not looking to give it away either. Any guidance gratefully received.
    God has a hard on for green rifles

£300 ono
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Sold my one 20cal ambI stock 3x9x50 mint £400 mike

A while ago I had a new one to dispose of, I think it had a thumbhole stock, £400 it sold for.

So Grahams valuation is about right.
    master(dot)shriller(at)gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    For a Theoben Evo carbine in .20 cal. In mint condition and come complete with silencer.
    I have scanned the net trying to find old sales threads but it appears that the .20 cal is quite rare, and when I do find one that has been sold the price has been removed.

There was a thread on here a few weeks ago about people trying to sell at stupidly high prices, I don't want to be one of them, but at the same time I'm not looking to give it away either. Any guidance gratefully received.

£325 collected? I have a bank error in my favour and an empty slot in the rack..
    TTFN
    N.
    "The only difference between Men and Boys is the price they pay for their Toys."

Evo not as sought after as the Fenman. Around £350.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Elwood is offline Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean to say they aren't trying to get me.
    Thanks all, you have been most helpful.
    God has a hard on for green rifles

Quote Originally Posted by LewesNick View Post
    £325 collected? I have a bank error in my favour and an empty slot in the rack..
    I guess you have not read the rules then ?

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....s-and-Guidance

Don't offer to buy, or try to sell off the back of a valuation thread

Hi. Am posting this to clarify things. When a valuation thread is posted, it must be treated as that, and nothing more. Once an owner of an item has a sound valuation figure, if they then wish to sell, they must start a fresh sales thread in either the main sales section, or if a collectable, in the collectors section, or with my blessing (if it is a collectable), in both . Turning a valuation thread into a sales thread will result in a two week holiday.

Similarly anyone posting on a valuation thread, or sending a p-m to an o-p that they would like to buy, or swap, with an item in question, irrespective of their motivation, is also unfortunately going to get themselves a two week holiday from the BBS. Asking an owner to let you know when they offer their item for sale, too, will imo constitute offering to buy off the back of a valuation thread, so please don't do it . Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Gareth W-B (o.b.o. The Airgun BBS Admin Team).

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post

Hi. Am posting this to clarify things. When a valuation thread is posted, it must be treated as that, and nothing more. Once an owner of an item has a sound valuation figure, if they then wish to sell, they must start a fresh sales thread in either the main sales section, or if a collectable, in the collectors section, or with my blessing (if it is a collectable), in both . Turning a valuation thread into a sales thread will result in a two week holiday.

Similarly anyone posting on a valuation thread, or sending a p-m to an o-p that they would like to buy, or swap, with an item in question, irrespective of their motivation, is also unfortunately going to get themselves a two week holiday from the BBS. Asking an owner to let you know when they offer their item for sale, too, will imo constitute offering to buy off the back of a valuation thread, so please don't do it . Thank you for taking the time to read this.

The problem with this is when members don't disclose that they are potential sellers. They just ask for a 'valuation' which could just as easily be for insurance purposes.. Also it isn't very helpful when other members come on with high 'valuations' because they own one of whatever is being discussed.
    My advice on all matters of valuation is go down to your local gunshop and ask them what they would give you for it either for CASH or as a PX against something more expensive. I guarantee you will soon appreciate the fact that on the bbs we deal without any costs whatsoever unlike other places I could mention.It will also give you a rock bottom price against which to pitch your asking price.
    While I'm at it could someone please tell me what constitutes a 'sensible' offer? I really would like to know. To me there are two types of offer: acceptable and unacceptable. Anything else is just conversation.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    While I'm at it could someone please tell me what constitutes a 'sensible' offer? I really would like to know. To me there are two types of offer: acceptable and unacceptable
    I like the simplicity Nick
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post

My apologies, I did read the rules but that was a while ago and had forgotten.

I will now stand in a corner facing the wall until milk break.
    TTFN
    N.
    "The only difference between Men and Boys is the price they pay for their Toys."

Quote Originally Posted by LewesNick View Post
    My apologies, I did read the rules but that was a while ago and had forgotten.

I will now stand in a corner facing the wall until milk break.
    What time is that then At the end of the day anything is worth what someone is willing to pay, one persons bargain is another person's "your aving a laugh mate"
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.