Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: buying a rifle in lockdown is a nightmare!

buying a rifle in lockdown is a nightmare!

so, basically i sold my rifles end of last year to buy a motorbike winter project. do it every year, finish it, sell it, buy more rifles, repeat .

but this lockdown came in just as i started to look for a rifle and need one for the allotment, 1 to get the flying rats, 2 for targets to get me out the house.

is there any rfd's that home deliver still open ? im thinking about krale but unsure on how it would work

its been a complete nightmare looking for something in northumberland as theres just nothing about, considering the amount of country side we have, its a bit weird . ive tried gunstar/trader , mewe , and on here all the time but no joy

I’ve recently had a less than satisfactory experience buying from SWS in Germany, the lure of lower prices and delivery to you door is great if it all goes to plan. Less so if it doesn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by pikk View Post
    so, basically i sold my rifles end of last year to buy a motorbike winter project. do it every year, finish it, sell it, buy more rifles, repeat .

but this lockdown came in just as i started to look for a rifle and need one for the allotment, 1 to get the flying rats, 2 for targets to get me out the house.

is there any rfd's that home deliver still open ? im thinking about krale but unsure on how it would work

its been a complete nightmare looking for something in northumberland as theres just nothing about, considering the amount of country side we have, its a bit weird . ive tried gunstar/trader , mewe , and on here all the time but no joy
    A friend of mine just had a Schmidt-Rubin 7.53mm rifle delivered to him from Kranks in Pudsey, West Yorkshire.
    They do air rifles as well, if that is what you want. Give them a call they might sort you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggypot View Post
    I’ve recently had a less than satisfactory experience buying from SWS in Germany, the lure of lower prices and delivery to you door is great if it all goes to plan. Less so if it doesn’t.
    Thats a not good pal, i ordered 3 guns from SWS and the only niggle i had was waiting 14 days instead of the normal 5 but thats the postal system at the moment and not them.

Steve

DAI leisure are doing home deliveries.
    Chairgun doesn't take the shot.

Chewy is offline Can't believe i missed this last night...
    Sunderland Airguns were doing free delivery on airguns within a 10 mile radius. I fall just inside that and ordered a Crosman 2240 from them at the start of lockdown. There's no mention of it on the website now, and you're over 10 miles away, but you could give them a ring and ask.
    Weihrauch HW99S .177 - Pardini P10 - Crosman 2240 - Beeman P17 .177 - Umarex Beretta PX4 Storm .177 - Umarex Beretta 92FS .177

Quote Originally Posted by milek View Post
    DAI leisure are doing home deliveries.
    I think that's only local deliveries though.
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wormer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kes View Post
    I think that's only local deliveries though.
    Can't see any restrictions here
    Chairgun doesn't take the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggypot View Post
    So what went wrong or caused an issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by milek View Post
    Can't see any restrictions here
    Maybe not, but after ordering online with them today and going to checkout, after putting my postcode in, the delivery option vanished.

Just spotted the problem as it happens - they're only doing deliveries on orders over £250.
    Last edited by Kes; 06-05-2020 at 12:05 PM.
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wormer.

Quote Originally Posted by pikk View Post

Have you looked at IHunter.co.uk ? they only started as freeads got rid of guns but there might be something of interest on there.

cheers, never heard of it before , will check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Kes View Post
    Maybe not, but after ordering online with them today and going to checkout, after putting my postcode in, the delivery option vanished.

Just spotted the problem as it happens - they're only doing deliveries on orders over £250.
    Minimum order for gun delivery is £300, it says so on the link posted.
    NO LONGER My s410

I’ve just managed to pick up a nice Huntsman Regal HR from Gun trader, fortunately it was local to me and we adhered to social distancing when I collected it. Once we had agreed to a price I transferred the money via my phone. It all went very smoothly. It was lucky the rifle I wanted came up so close to me as the police have been stopping cars locally asking for a valid reason to be out and I don’t think getting a new rifle would have cut it

Krale still in business and delivering to your door. Shame they were out of stock of the HW99