Thread: HW100 middle sear

HW100 middle sear

hi all
    The middle sear in my HW100 has worn out, you can no longer get just the sear from Weihrauch or any of the other reputable part suppliers you have to by the whole trigger unit at around £100

has anyone had any dealings with this company and the sears they supply

Fenton shooting supplies

cheers Lloyd
    Cheers Lloyd

I fitted one of their anti-tamper kits to a HW100 a short while ago, no quality or fit problems so I can assume the trigger sear should be fine.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

John Knibbs still lists the part though with them I am never sure if the part is available or not. There is also a company in Serbia that manufactures the part on EDM machine to factory specs and you can find it on the bay, part number: 201733047856. There is also the fenton shooting supplies who supply the none OEM part for £13.50.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    John Knibbs still lists the part though with them I am never sure if the part is available or not. There is also a company in Serbia that manufactures the part on EDM machine to factory specs and you can find it on the bay, part number: 201733047856. There is also the fenton shooting supplies who supply the none OEM part for £13.50.

A.G
    Unfortunately for some reason the Serbian seller won't post to the UK.
    She was only an Admiral's daughter but her naval base was full of discharged seamen.

thanks for the replies
    Cheers Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by Norfolkngood View Post
    Unfortunately for some reason the Serbian seller won't post to the UK.
    Probably still pissed off with us over the Balkan war.

A.G

UPDATE
    so ordered a sear from Fentons on Tuesday morning and it arrived Thursday lunch time. royal mail signed for delivery.

took me about 15- 20 minutes to fit today. the only problem i had was removing and refitting the pivot bush. it is a tight pressed fit in the original part but a minute with a chefs blow torch warming the sear up soon had it popping out with a gentle tap.

refitting the bush to the new sear shows a slight indifference in the tolerances as the bush is not a tight fit in the new sear but only by a sliver of a mm. so had to apply a dab of epoxy glue (drying time not included in repair time as i got on with another job)to keep it in place.

refitting in to the trigger mechanism was easy enough used the pop rivet i used to drive out the retaining pin to line it all up before gently tapping the retaining pin in. and a pair of forceps to refit the spring.

reassembled the rifle and a few test shots and all is well

saving me around £85
    Cheers Lloyd

Hi Guys

Sear now comes with Stainless steel bushing included.
    Eliminating the need to remove and fit the old one.

Regards
    Fentons