Thread: AA diabolo field,

AA diabolo field,

Hi I've had my air ranger now about 8 years , Only just fitted new seals on the fill unit as there was a very slow leak, Just also adjusted the power using bisley magnum pellets, Anyway resetting the scopes which are the bushnell elites and for some reason the accuracy werent as good as ive achieved in the past, Was not to bad but now and then out of 10 shots two were off , One pellet being at least an inch off target. Shooting at 35 yards and put approximately 10 mags of AA field diabolo through it I did wonder if it was me, possibly ain't really shot much since last year, Anyway out of curiosity as it was on my mind a little if either the scope or mod etc or even the gun had a slight problem, Went back out yesterday, just behind my house, This time I took with me a tin of hw f&t special pellets which I've never used before, Also a tin of bisley magnums which is a pellet I've always found very good and very well made, Dont think ive ever found a bad one in a tin. Anyway first I tried were the hw pellets, From the 35 yard range again , 1st shot about 5mm above target, next 9 shots, more or less same hole, Shot this time a mag of bisley magnums, 1st shot , bullseye, next 9 all touching each other, The difference were amazing , I shot 8 mags altogether and it was shooting like a laser, In the past I've already shot over 400 of these AA diabolo pellets out of this tin and really only ever shoot targets, Always been good, just wondered why after all this time my gun dont seem to be taking to them, However the two other brands I was quite impressed with, Came away a lot happier than the day before using the AA pellets, AA pellets stamped 55 4.4.2016 4,52 so79 Czech. Anyone ever found this before.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I've seen it a few times, often a barrel clean will make the difference back up, it must be something in the tolerances or condition of the barrel which suites the pellet at one point but as these can change minutely you se a difference as time goes on.

Best explanation I can give for something we know is true but is also different from gun to gun and pellet to pellet
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    I've seen it a few times, often a barrel clean will make the difference back up, it must be something in the tolerances or condition of the barrel which suites the pellet at one point but as these can change minutely you se a difference as time goes on.

Best explanation I can give for something we know is true but is also different from gun to gun and pellet to pellet
    Just wondered more than anything, I've got another tin of aa diabolo , a couple of tins of falcon accuracy and a couple of tins of exact, most of my pellets in 177 cal are bisley magnums so plenty there for the air ranger , If worse I can use any if the above in the springers , The hw pellets were also great in the ranger so i may keep an eye out for them in the future.