Thread: cheap red dot sights

cheap red dot sights

just ordered a cheap dot sight for the webley alecto i have just purchased. are they any good,if so which are the best budget ones under £30. this is the one ive ordered.
    Mini Holographic Reflex Micro Red Dot Sight Tactical
    Last edited by bcham; 24-07-2017 at 09:59 AM.

Link doesn't so I guess it's to the bay of e which is prohibited.

Cheap red dots are sh*t, I had a Crossman & could move the pistol several inches sideways & still see the dot - by now a foot or more from the poi.

The link doesn't work.
    I use a Hawke red dot on my AF1 Desert Falcon (BeemanP17). Works well and doesn't unbalance the pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnlandies View Post
    The link doesn't work.
    I use a Hawke red dot on my AF1 Desert Falcon (BeemanP17). Works well and doesn't unbalance the pistol.
    changed link ,to just the name of the sight, i have a hawke red dot sight but wanted something smaller and lighter.

depends on if you wear specs. tried red dot and green dot. wasted my money. the dots just reflected on my specs. not one dot but loads.
    i stick with telescopic now. even with my specs on or off i can see what i am aiming at.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Most of the cheap ones suffer from parallax errors, where moving your head moves the POI, but then you need to be paying Aimpoint or Eotech prices to not get those problems.

As long as you have a good cheek-weld it shouldn't be a problem.

Like you, I've just bought a cheapo "C-more" type sight for one of my rimfires, but as long as you're aware of the problem, it isn't one...

Opposite the cow-field, just outside Dover, Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    just ordered a cheap dot sight for the webley alecto i have just purchased. are they any good,if so which are the best budget ones under £30. this is the one ive ordered.
    Mini Holographic Reflex Micro Red Dot Sight Tactical
    I have one of those on my Ratcatcher, £12 from "that place". Works very well, great fun and good for rats and tin cans. One hole groups at ten yards and I wear varifocals !
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

Cheek-weld would be a bit of a problem using a pistol

that's when you use diopter sights.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Beagle View Post
    I have one of those on my Ratcatcher, £12 from "that place". Works very well, great fun and good for rats and tin cans. One hole groups at ten yards and I wear varifocals !
    good to know,mine was £15 but not coming from china coming from uk, ordered on the bay

Ooopppss... that will teach me to read the Op better..

...But i also have one on a LBR, so they do work as long as you centralise the dot in the screen...

Cheap dot/holographic sights can be very hit and miss - excuse the pun - you might get a good one, you might get a bad one...

I got a walther one of the bay works pretty good as said above if you move your head about the dot moves as well but as long as you expect it to do that you can work around it for shooting cans and a bit of paper punching its perfect.
    TX200 Mk3 HW100 HW97

A friend of mine bought a cheap one for his .357 it was shite, POI Changed by 2" at 10yds just changing the dot size
    And then an ice hockey game broke out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0woZ...layer_embedded
    son got MOM in world championships: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoCcYwNJxv4