I am still using and appreciating my first decent air rifle which I bought in 1957 from a gunsmith in Sheffield.

I went in intending to buy a " Cadet-Major" but was tempted by the proprietor to purchase a BSA "Club"

I think he was having problems selling the .177 when the demand was for the .22 ?

the Club is of course the elegant target version of the Airsporter, with the tapered barrel and conical piston.

very flat trajectory and accurate out to 40 yards with power and penetration, it has got better over the last 60 years.

I bought a rather neglected and "fiddled with" BSA Scorpion pistol in .22 which I have been working on and am having problems with the trigger

I have been helped by some rather excellent photos I found on a website ( one of AirGun BBS ) group perhaps?

my problem is with the hammer spring, I can see from the photo that the hooked side goes behind the hammer.

my problem is deciding where the other end of the spring is located and thus how much tension there is on the spring.

Any help would be welcomed.

Other air weapons include an "El Gamo" Centre pistol in .177, A "Webley" Osprey in .22 .......

and a CO2 SMC XS 79 in .22.

I have a small workshop with a model engineers lathe and also a watch makers lathe for really precision small parts.

other hobbies include gardening (hence hatred of pigeons) and photograpy