I have had a Hawke Sidewinder 30, 3x12x50 SR Pro for a couple of years that has not seen much use at all on any of my rifles, it is the slightly older model with the lockable occular adjustment. I tried it on my HW100 the other day at the HFT range and you what, it is a cracker. I was first a bit doubtful as if it would be suitable for HFT with its 50mm objective but I gave it a go and I am glad that I did. Focused at 25 yards and @ 8X from 13 yards to about 32 yards it is pin sharp, @35 yards it starts to show a little blur, @ 40 yards it is blurred but still easy to make out a 20mm target and @ 45 yards it has a decent blur so range finding will be relatively easy. At 8~10 yards it is quite blurred but a 15mm target caused no problem. I was really impressed with its debth of field and the clarity of the optics and the SR Pro reticule is really fine with many useful subdividions, much more useful than a 1/2 mildot infact. I have a few decent scopes, a Diamondback HP, EVX F1, a C-More 3X30 and Viper 10X44 and this one if not better is on the par with the Diamondback HP.
I had it on sale here a few weeks ago for less than a 2/3rd of the new retail price and it didn't get a look in, I am really glad that it didn't go. It is a keeper for sure.

A.G