Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quietest Moderator / Silencer

Quietest Moderator / Silencer

What's been voted as the quietest silencer for an air rifle . WELL FOLKS AFTER 19 OR SO COMENTS IT SEEMS THE WINERACK SILENCER IS WELL IN THE LEAD THANKS EVERYBODY
    Last edited by swissmick; 25-07-2017 at 10:43 PM.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Voted by who?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Silencers

You will get all sort of suggestions but the industry standard has for a long time been the HW one.

You will also get replies which are no help at all! I think most will know what you mean.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

The quietest I've found so far is the A&M Marksman. It's a big silencer but, on my HW100, it's quieter than the HW silencer.

All of the above.

Ive got a hugget on a ds regal it is quiet but i think the hw one is slightly quieter but the hugget looks better.

The pests i shoot stay there longer thinking to themselves wow that looks nice.
    Daystate Regal xl .177 / Hawke niteeye 6-24x50irsf...
    Weihrauch HW97 .22 tbt kit / Hawke sidewinder 30 10×42...

2 ferrets and a net...

Off the shelf 99% of the time the Weihrauch,

but there will be one off specials that are better.

secretagentmole Guest
    Gonads, the HW one is quiet, but it depends on the gun. Like pellets, not all the same model and the same calibre like the same brand of silencer.
    The Twink mk 2 is as quiet if not quieter, but depends on the gun.
    Some people swear the Swift Stubby is also better.
    Nutshot silencers are rare and sought after.
    Hogan Decimeaters are good.

Swift Stumpy for me.
    Air Arms HFT 500. HW100 FSB. HW99 (.22) HW99 (.177) HW30 (.177) HW97K (.177) Gamo GX40 (.22)

secretagentmole Guest
    Stubby, Stumpy, Meh....

I have two hw silencers but also have one that came with 4 fittings...6/16mm slip on and 1/2 unf male/female fittings,just unscrew and change to whatever fitting you need.
    Came with a rifle purchased 2nd hand so have no idea what make it is but seems on a par with the hw ones which are probably the most widely used silencers at the moment.
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

In terms of pounds per decibel reduction the Weihrauch (HW) silencers are definitely the best, very closely followed by the Hogan Decimeater. On some guns the Hogan can be better than the HW but this difference is minimal and very difficult to measure. It's more subjective than numerical even when you do a full frequency Fourier transformation analysis spectrum of the muzzle report. There are other silencers which offer similar performance but usually at a higher price. For some guns and situations there may well be a certain silencer that is demonstrably better than a HW or Hogan but only by a dB at the most. For a sub12 gun the differences are minimal so why spend more than the price of a HW or Hogan?
    Add the cost of putting a bit of old bicycle inner tube over the silencer to protect the finish (and deaden the ultrasonic element of the muzzle blast) and you have the best solution.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

What would people pay for the best silencer? there is a Roedale delta f, 40mm dia, for sale on another forum that looks great in my eye's and would complement my Phoenix mk2 very well, these guns look good with a fat mod on but £100 for lets face it something to set my gun off, a £50 silencer would do the job? I still want it.

http://wp.roedale.de/en/hauptmenue/s...erung/delta-f/
    Last edited by buttloaves; 24-07-2017 at 11:10 PM.

quietest silencers

Nutshot
    AWT
    Steve Peg
    HW

Quote Originally Posted by ElmerFudd.177 View Post
    Ive got a hugget on a ds regal it is quiet but i think the hw one is slightly quieter but the hugget looks better.

The pests i shoot stay there longer thinking to themselves wow that looks nice.
    Totally agree, Huggets on both my AA HFT500 and FTP900, they look the part!

Nutshot
    A&M Nelix
    Twink
    Weihrauch