Thread: Anschutz Match 54 action screws

Anschutz Match 54 action screws

Help please...

I'm looking to replace the action screws on an Anschutz match 54 that I've just bought. The serial number is 151425X.

I believe they are M6 metric fine. Also looking to replace the slot heads for allen heads. Any suggestions please as to exactly what they are and where I'm likely to source some...

Thanks
    Simon

Simon,

Yes, M6 x .75. The .25mm difference from the standard thread means these are not easily found. I bought a set from J&P in the US a few years ago. I can't fault the quality, but customs dues doubled the cost.

What stock do you want to put the barrel in? This will affect the length you needm

Hi Tim

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not sure what the stock is in terms of model number. It's a wooden stock with an adjustable cheek piece (also very short...). The action is round.

It's currently fitted with screws that appear too long and are loaded with several washers each. When I measure the combined length of the washers on each screw and subtract from the length of the screws I'm looking to get one at 25mm and one at 45mm.

Perhaps I should post some pics....job for the morning...

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    Intershoot sell them in various lengths, no problem.

http://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/Fittings.html
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Many thanks !!

Brilliant...thanks

Simon,

From the serial number you have a 16xx series rifle made in 1978-ish. Assuming the stock is the original (likely but not certain) it's a shortened 1611 Prone or 1613 Supermatch. The 1607 ISU standard didn't have an adjustable cheek piece (unless retro -fitted), and the 1609/10 stocks were not common. If it's not the original, it could be almost anything.

Last time I heard Intershoot were out of Match 54 bedding bolts, with no timescale for restocking. A clubmate is s
    due a matching set after seveal months..

54 bolts

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    Brilliant...thanks
    Hi .I got fed up of trawling web sites looking for 54 bolts and if you were lucky to find them they cost about £30 for original Anschutz.#
    My answer was to buy a die and some bolt blanks and make my own. John F. ps google is your friend.

Re tapping

Thanks for the replies and useful information.

If I'm struggling to replace I guess I could re tap the holes perhaps?

Bedding bolts

Just ordered bedding bolts from Ryan at Intershoot.

Not all sizes are available but I'm informed it's no problem to buy oversize and grind or file to reduce the length.

Thanks for the help guys..
    Simon

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    I have a local fastenings company that I'm sure will have the allen head in that size, I get various sizes from them including some odd size ones, for all my rifles, cutting them down to length is no problem, don't get stainless as you can get sticking issues with dissimilar metals, and stainless is also low torque, get 10.8 grade as minimum or 10.9 (very apt for shooters!), cost will be pennies.

If you get stuck, email me and I'll see if I can sort some for you.

Just checked and they don't stock them, they gave me "Spalding Fasteners" as a supplier likely to have them, I looked on their site and found them in hex head 6mm fine, all lengths in 10.9 grade, but I suspect a phone call would also find allen head. The cost looks little, but the site is confusing, if you can't find them I'd suggest giving them a call.
    Last edited by RobinC; 26-07-2017 at 11:57 AM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Thanks

Thanks Robin

Sorted now. Ryan from Intershoot sent some the very next day...great service