Thread: Hw 100 poor shot count

Hw 100 poor shot count

just bought a hw100t .177, after firing theres is a sound like a piston sucking air , i dont recall this on my last hw100 . also its gone from 200 bar to 110 bar wit 30 shots . any one had this before ?
    Its a full length rifle, not the carbine

Sounds like something isnt closing properly inside the mechanism and causing air to leak, is it new? if it is I would take it straight back and get it sorted out.
    TX200 Mk3 HW100 HW97

Sounds to me like it's using way too much air per shot. Is it ok on a chrono?....if so then i would say thet the reg has been set incorrectly or you have some o ring/spring/ valve damage internally. Some great vids on Youtube that might give you an idea.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

its a 2008/9 , i drove from northumberland to nottingham to get it yesterday so taking it back to the lad isnt an option. i had a couple shots over the chrono just now and its coming back at 13.1 ft/lbs so im going to attempt to take it apart today. the 2 shots over the chrono were the same fps , i know its only 2 shots but at least its a sign the reg is ok

clunge is offline Buys suspicious amounts of hand sanitiser
    You can end up with similar overpower by having a full length barrel on an action set up for a carbine barrel. But I would not expect a full length cylinder to only give 30 shots 200-110bar, even if a bit overpowered.
    Not without a considerable leak.

Are the stock and cylinder full length?

Quote Originally Posted by pikk View Post
    its a 2008/9 , i drove from northumberland to nottingham to get it yesterday so taking it back to the lad isnt an option. i had a couple shots over the chrono just now and its coming back at 13.1 ft/lbs so im going to attempt to take it apart today. the 2 shots over the chrono were the same fps , i know its only 2 shots but at least its a sign the reg is ok
    Turn the large allen screw on the regulator anticlockwise half a turn, and re-chrono. You can mark position before you move it. See pic..

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

If sounds like it was messed with for extra power and not set back properly. People keep messing with the regulator in HW 100 as it is an easy option to alter the power but it is the wrong option and returning the preload screw to a known position does not always guarantee return to correct pressure but uncsrewing it 1/2 to 4/4 of a turn to start with is an option. The rgulator for a full length barrel .177 should be set to around 90 bar and then the hammer preload adjusted to obtain 11.7 ft.lbs with the JSB Heavies and 11.3 f.lbs with 8.44s. You should be getting about 110 shots out of the full length cylinder at around 11.3 ft.lbs.

A.G

its getting sorted now , its running at 13 ft/lbs and the low shot count was due to it not having the cylinder connected right , the sleeve came out the breech block with the cylinder , so should have a sweet as f*** rifle back by the weekend

I am sure the seller had no idea he was selling you a duff rifle, not. Bloody world is full of knob eds!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

its getting sorted now , its running at 13 ft/lbs and the low shot count was due to it not having the cylinder connected right , the sleeve came out the breech block with the cylinder , so should have a sweet as f*** rifle back by the weekend
    Did you buy it from someone on this site?
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.

no from freeads, im never trusting anyone ever again . drove from ashington to nottingham to get it! be fore that i bought a daystate harrier that i had to fix a leak and the mag, before that was another hw100 that was bits of mk1 and mk2 put together and before that was an aa s300 that was 'touching the limit' aye , touching the limit of 27ft/lbs! not all one after the other mind , but its new or used ONLY from a reputable dealer from now on

no from freeads, im never trusting anyone ever again . drove from ashington to nottingham to get it! be fore that i bought a daystate harrier that i had to fix a leak and the mag, before that was another hw100 that was bits of mk1 and mk2 put together and before that was an aa s300 that was 'touching the limit' aye , touching the limit of 27ft/lbs! not all one after the other mind , but its new or used ONLY from a reputable dealer from now on
    These are the sort of people that do the biggest disservice to our sport/hobby and one day will prompt the authorities to bring in tougher legislation for controlling air rilfe use and ownership. As I posted in my previous reply a previous owner had probably messed with the gun to increase the power for hunting as one of the most common complaints of the new owners of sub 12 ft.lbs air rifles is that when put on a chrono at home they are found to be well under powered. Perhaps there is a message there.

A.G
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 29-07-2017 at 03:25 AM. Reason: fixing quote tags

I think AG and i were seperated at birth

I once had a club member who bought a s400K from a mate's mate. It would start off at 16ft/lb and gradually drop with each shot until after 12 shots was almost empty. On stripping it i found that someone had drilled the Transfer port, messed with the firing valve/pot and put spacers on the hammer spring. We got on the phone to the seller who basically said 'tough titty, sold as seen'.. I then said 'no worries mate, i'm taking the rifle to the police station now so make sure you have your FAC ready'. Oddly enough the seller then agreed to give £50 back to the chap and i fitted a new body and set the rifle up as it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    I think AG and i were seperated at birth

I once had a club member who bought a s400K from a mate's mate. It would start off at 16ft/lb and gradually drop with each shot until after 12 shots was almost empty. On stripping it i found that someone had drilled the Transfer port, messed with the firing valve/pot and put spacers on the hammer spring. We got on the phone to the seller who basically said 'tough titty, sold as seen'.. I then said 'no worries mate, i'm taking the rifle to the police station now so make sure you have your FAC ready'. Oddly enough the seller then agreed to give £50 back to the chap and i fitted a new body and set the rifle up as it should be.
    Good on you. I would have reported him too. I am in favour of upping the 12 ft.lbs limit but until the day, if it ever happens, that the authorities change the limit we stick to the letter of the law. No point in trying to cheat. Everyone will loose.

A.G