Thread: stirrup pumps.

stirrup pumps.

Hi guys anyone used them stirrup pumps that are selling on for around 40 Quid.
    Seems cheap but will they last. Thanks in advance.
    good deals; trefilhunter.. minuteman. SimonS.gran.
    super shooter..dj jon r..ironmonkey

Personally I would add £30 and buy a secondhand pump of known quality, ie Hill, s or FX

I bought a nice looking Chinese pump from the bay, costing around £50.
    The finish on the sliding surface of the cylinder was very nice, polished stainless, thin layer of lube, came with 2 sets of seals and folding foot base.
    Stress relieving spring around the section of whip that entered the pump. For the money I really couldn't fault it. It filled My Ultra with ease to 220 bar.
    After around 40 fills it started to "bounce" when pumped, only part of each pump was reaching the rifle, the other part returned to the pump on the up
    stroke. Im guessing the non return valve was starting to fail.
    I have owned a brand new Hills pump but wasn't impressed with the finish on the surface of the tube and sure enough, it destroyed the outer seal after
    around 30 fills. You could hear the air leaking on the down stroke. It was only an O ring and very easy to replace but the second seal failed again in a similar
    time. I have also owned a FX pump, that one was just hard work to pump.
    After 9 years of filling with pumps and telling everyone how good they are, I gave in and bought a divers bottle.
    Bob

can't say about the new one. mine were logun and brockock. both excellent. my thumbs up would be the logun.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.