Thread: Hw 100k

Hw 100k

Hi a quick question.If was to to put a cylinder on my HW 100K that was tested safely to 300 bar.Would the standard regulator be ok with it or would it need some upgrade ??.Thanks

Why, there isn't a regulator as such in HW100 and although the shot count in a carbine is around 60 in .177 isn't great, there are sufficient shots for targets or hunting at 200 bar, which is where I charge to. No point in damaging a successful gun by over filling, anyway I think 190 bar is better as the pressure in the cylinder doesn't cause as many issues as a full 200 fill and only a few less (5) shots as you can shoot right down to 100 bar before it really drops off.

Ian
    HW100KT .177 MTC Mamba light 3-12x44
    Daystate Mk4 Platinum .177 MTC Viper10x44 (HFT)

The Hw100 is regulated but I wouldn’t fill to 300bar you arestressing all connection above the designed limit. If anything lets go it couldget very unpleasant, not just for the shooter but for anyone standing nearby.
    Don’t confuse luck with ability.

surely the seals will stand up t0 300 bar i thought it was limited to 200 bar for the air cylinder

HW100 in any format is regulated . if the cylinder is been passed for 300 bar you should be ok .
    Speak to one of the turners ie Carl airtech or Phil ratworks

its Carl talking to and the cylinder will be proofed well over 300 bar

Quote Originally Posted by threelander View Post
    its Carl talking to and the cylinder will be proofed well over 300 bar
    Exactly what Carl told me . I have been thinking about getting one from Carl myself

Quote Originally Posted by threelander View Post
    surely the seals will stand up t0 300 bar i thought it was limited to 200 bar for the air cylinder

You could get away with it and never have an issue but you are using the gun outside it intended working pressure , don’t forget divebottles are tested to above300bar add a bit of moisture and they will go banglet alone a rifle that could have worn seals.
    Surely if you want an extra shot count it’s better to buy a HW100 or a aftermarket cylinder for the “K”

Don’t confuse luck with ability.