Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bsa spitfire service,

Bsa spitfire service,

Hi anyone know where the above gun can be sent for a service, Thanks.

The best guy is the designer John Bowkett. P.M. if if you cannot find his telephone number online. It is on the net.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    The best guy is the designer John Bowkett. P.M. if if you cannot find his telephone number online. It is on the net.

Baz
    Ok thanks for the info.

Not long got mine back from bowkett and it's super consistant and very happy with it.

He changes allot of internals for his own design parts so there's no better person to send it too as his the designer, and Bsa didn't manufacture it the way he wanted them too exactly.

I'm so glad I bought mine

Regards
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Dan944 View Post
    Not long got mine back from bowkett and it's super consistant and very happy with it.

He changes allot of internals for his own design parts so there's no better person to send it too as his the designer, and Bsa didn't manufacture it the way he wanted them too exactly.

I'm so glad I bought mine

Regards
    Daniel

Thanks for your advice.
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 27-07-2017 at 11:42 PM. Reason: fixing quote tags

Hi just to ask for some more info , Before I purchased this spitfire I wanted to find out if a service was still available, Anyway I picked this spitfire up today with another oldish Pcp rifle, Not in really nice condition, The spitfire is the one which I believe gets filled via a buddy bottle but an adapter was included which screws in underneath to fill from a dive tank, There is also something sticking out of the raised scope rail, Was told it was something to do with if over filled, Any info would be great, Also what pressure should it be filled to, The gun itself is in very good condition and seems to cock and fire ok ,

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Hi just to ask for some more info , Before I purchased this spitfire I wanted to find out if a service was still available, Anyway I picked this spitfire up today with another oldish Pcp rifle, Not in really nice condition, The spitfire is the one which I believe gets filled via a buddy bottle but an adapter was included which screws in underneath to fill from a dive tank, There is also something sticking out of the raised scope rail, Was told it was something to do with if over filled, Any info would be great, Also what pressure should it be filled to, The gun itself is in very good condition and seems to cock and fire ok ,
    Hi mate
    There are two versions of the Spitfire, the standard fill to be filled with a buddy bottle and the High fill to be filled with a adapter. The buddy bottle is filled to 232 bar maximum and is then screwed into the gun via the fitting underneath,the gun will take what it needs and the pressure valve in the scope rail will raise up and you will hear air hissing from the pressure valve.Unscrew the buddy bottle and it is good for 30-45 shots before a top up is required. The high fill version is charged like the other bsa pcp guns to a maximum 232 bar pressure and is good for about 80 shots depending on cal .
    Les..

Spitfire

The gun you have sounds like the standard fill model if the adapter will take a buddy bottle.
    If you are using a divers bottle just fill very slowly and watch the pressure valve closely.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    The gun you have sounds like the standard fill model if the adapter will take a buddy bottle.
    If you are using a divers bottle just fill very slowly and watch the pressure valve closely.
    Les..
    Thanks for the advice, yes it is supposed to be filled via a buddy bottle but I had an adapter with the gun, was told by the owner to fill from dive tank but very slow, What pressure should I fill to or should I wait until the air comes out of the valve, Would a rapid buddy bottle work, Only got the 400cc buddy bottles here, I sold 2 of my rapids and I have quite a few 400cc bottles here I could use if they would work , Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the advice, yes it is supposed to be filled via a buddy bottle but I had an adapter with the gun, was told by the owner to fill from dive tank but very slow, What pressure should I fill to or should I wait until the air comes out of the valve, Would a rapid buddy bottle work, Only got the 400cc buddy bottles here, I sold 2 of my rapids and I have quite a few 400cc bottles here I could use if they would work , Thanks for your help.
    There is a Spitfire owners group on facebook that details how to use both versions. The one with the pressure relief valve/shot indicator like yours is called the standard fill version and works at low pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    There is a Spitfire owners group on facebook that details how to use both versions. The one with the pressure relief valve/shot indicator like yours is called the standard fill version and works at low pressure.
    Thanks for the advice, I will look them up, I had cut down on my guns but over the years been tempted to try one of these and this was advertised locally , well ended up buy another pcp along with this one, Its what I thought was good price so thought i would give it a try, will take it out on my next couple days off from work, Its in lovely condition and looks like its been well cared for,

I use the Bsa S10 buddy bottle on my Spitfire and the guns pressure valve pops up and then hisses and I quickly unscrew the buddy bottle, I get 60 shots from a fresh fill,my guns a .22. I don't know if your Rapid bottle is the same thread size as the bsa bottle??. You could offer up your Rapid bottle and see if it is any good or not.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I use the Bsa S10 buddy bottle on my Spitfire and the guns pressure valve pops up and then hisses and I quickly unscrew the buddy bottle, I get 60 shots from a fresh fill,my guns a .22. I don't know if your Rapid bottle is the same thread size as the bsa bottle??. You could offer up your Rapid bottle and see if it is any good or not.
    Les..
    The thread on my rapid I used the same adapter for my super ten when I had it, Also the same adapter I used for my phoenix , Its weather the valve will make a difference, Its worth a ask incasebi want to take a bottle to top it up, Will take it easy if filling from dive tank ,

Spitfires like to be used.
    Lying idle causes problems.
    So remember to give it a go every week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Spitfires like to be used.
    Lying idle causes problems.
    So remember to give it a go every week or so.
    Yes will do , Thanks bud, Just to ask again if filling from dive tank via adapter just go slowly to 190 is it,