Thread: Diana's Choice of current underlevers, what is missing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Barry, Diana have to up the build quality on par with AA before they decide to design any new models.
    I'm a Diana fan and the 440TH I owned was an excellent accurate rifle, but was too difficult to cock not helped by the slim stubby under lever which is denied a strong sprung loaded retaining button. Also a little bit of decent moly grease on the compression tube and piston skirt wouldn't go amiss either. They are on to a winner with the T06 trigger though, just a shame they fell a bit short in other important areas.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    Barry, Diana have to up the build quality on par with AA before they decide to design any new models.
    I'm a Diana fan and the 440TH I owned was an excellent accurate rifle, but was too difficult to cock not helped by the slim stubby under lever which is denied a strong sprung loaded retaining button. Also a little bit of decent moly grease on the compression tube and piston skirt wouldn't go amiss either. They are on to a winner with the T06 trigger though, just a shame they fell a bit short in other important areas.
    Hi Derek, fair points the 440 is hard to cock because not only does it have a short lever the pin is in the wrong position on the lever for a short stroke springer, originally the lever was for the long stroke 460 giving a short cocking stroke on a very long stroke gun, the 460 at 12 ft/lbs is light one finger cocking at 19 ft/lbs medium cocking and at 28 ft/lbs over 50 lbs cocking effort
    If diana moved the cocking pin on the 440 to here in the pic it would easy cocking
    http://imgur.com/L16195R

I like the build quality just look at the set up at the lever fulcrum, the almost unbreakable cocking linkage and a hinge pin instead of a cocking shoe, also it has a one piece cylinder

You are right about the lube and the spring loaded retaining button but these are easy to fix

I would like a 440 with a more robust cocking lever, a more elegant muzzle end, and a high-comb, scope-optimised, and preferably walnut, stock. But that would be an HW97/TX with a better-located safety catch. Which is not a bad idea.

I would also like to see a reintroduction of the flip-up loading port from the (?) 46, and a reintroduction of the 300R.

And a carbine version of the K98k lookalike, modelled on the Gew 33/40. On the 440 action.

None of this will happen.

440 isn't current, not in either the 2016 or 2017 catalogues. Same for the 430 Stutzen. If the 440 was put back into production I'd snap one up, as it is I'm swithering over swapping my 430 for a 430L.

On another note, how long does it take to redesign a website???