Thread: Prototype first model Diana 50M?

Prototype first model Diana 50M?

Possibly a prototype of the first Diana 50 here. Very interesting looking rifle - you can see shades of both the first 1950s 50M and 35M in it.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Lovely quirky rifle, but blimey the checkering is a bit hit or miss. Not to the usual high Diana standards. Maybe they were struggling to find the trained staff after the war ? Still lovely thing never the less. Thanks for showing it to a wider audience.

Lakey

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    Lovely quirky rifle, but blimey the checkering is a bit hit or miss. Not to the usual high Diana standards. Maybe they were struggling to find the trained staff after the war ? Still lovely thing never the less. Thanks for showing it to a wider audience.

Lakey
    I'll second that. It must have seemed off another planet when that was brought out? Even today I can't think of that many guns that look anything like that.
    Dave

Very wow!
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

That is a lovely looking rifle. I actually don't mind the rough-around-the-edges chequering as it suggests a totally utilitarian application. I wonder what power it throws out?

Model 50M

I recently bought what I believe to be an early Original 50M from a fellow forumite. It's not too much different to the one in this thread but it has the full "proper" checkering, and the stock doesn't have the cheek pad.
    I initially thought about restoring it but I think I'm going to leave it as it is.

Very interesting post with excellent quality pictures. Many thanks for posting.

50 prototype

WOW--that is very interesting indeed! What a wonderful find.