Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New user of chairgun.

Quote Originally Posted by LESS THAN FORTUITOUS KENNETH View Post
    "setting the zero distance" .... Do you mean on the focusing ring?

I get putting the hole in the lens cap to get close focus, But how close do you need to be to the target before firing at the marked dot?

I also envisage a problem when using a springer.

Not explaining it well am I?
    No., Just sight your scope in.. set it to zero ie dead on @ 30yrds or whatever you set your scope up to shoot dead on at. Mines 27yrds for my .177's and 25yrds for my .22.

You want to be as close as you can to the paper, if you can get the muzzle touching then it'll be most accurate. I did mine into the ground as a safe backstop.

Shouldn't matter being a Springer

Hope this helps
    Atb
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    No., Just sight your scope in.. set it to zero ie dead on @ 30yrds or whatever you set your scope up to shoot dead on at. Mines 27yrds for my .177's and 25yrds for my .22.

You want to be as close as you can to the paper, if you can get the muzzle touching then it'll be most accurate. I did mine into the ground as a safe backstop.

Hope this helps
    Atb
    Rhys
    Yup, gotcher now Rhys, cheers mate.

Yup, gotcher now Rhys, cheers mate.
    Great, do you have a hawke scope?
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Alicante, Birmingham and sometimes Munich
    Some would say that it's the only accurate method to use with a springer.
    Springer muzzles move around a bit through the firing cycle (vertically and horizontally) but you're only really interested in where the muzzle is relative to the original line of sight when the pellet exits. The 'tin-foil method' - as this is known - gives you exactly that.

George
    Last edited by GPConway; 29-07-2017 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Punctuation (duh)

Great, do you have a hawke scope?
    Several, along with lots of others!

Several, along with lots of others!
    You'll love the reticle feature on chairgun then.. I've impressed a few "point & press" shooters with the range finder & a very accurately placed 50yrd "first shot"!.
    Tis great having it on your phone with a range finder when your playing in the field