Thread: 4 For Farm?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Yep it is the normal WTC textured finish and does seem to suit the rifle well.
    Regards,
    Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by The Squire View Post
    Yep it is the normal WTC textured finish and does seem to suit the rifle well.
    Here you go.....

https://goo.gl/photos/CvXmwTzHy8BCeDxz6
    Regards,
    Dave.

One of my all time favourite scopes was a Zeiss Conquest 6x40 scope, had two but sold them with rifles. Shouldn't have done that.

My FWB Sport wears a Optima 4x40, and another a 3-9x40 Moonlighter. The 4x is brighter.
    I have an early 6x40 Tasco that is uber bright right to the edge and an early red dot style 4x40 Hakko that as bright as a Swaro.

For farmyard ranges then low mag and bright glass gets solid hits in the gloom. For standing unsupported it ensures a sporting shot let off without faffing about. Practice and accurate shot placement will get the job done. Low mag short ranges and the scopes are aren't the parallax needy. Even a x9 scope require parallax adjustment or reparallaxing down to short range. Some scopes reparallax easily enough some just won't budge and others run out of turn thread. If a scope can be parallaxed correctly they are a whole lot brighter at close range, I try to get them spot on for 20m. Lastly, once parallax adjusted ensure they are locked and check zero as many scopes give a shift in POI when lenses are moved about.

Fun isn't it?