Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 For Farm?

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Well if I hadn't just bought one of these:
    http://www.meoptahistory.com/index.php?id=224

I'd might have looked at those....
    But as Phil has said to me about other scopes, "it's probably just not expensive enough for you!"
    I think the meopta should meet all my requirements even though it's alot of money for a 4x32!!
    I might let you look through it at the bash if I can make it! I know how you like me have a soft spot for a meopta.
    A brilliant scope Rhys and I will have a look through it for sure !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    A brilliant scope Rhys and I will have a look through it for sure !
    #4 Ret too, I believe you've said in the past it's one of your favorites
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

#4 Ret too, I believe you've said in the past it's one of your favorites
    Yup, German ret #4, teriffic, my "to go" scope ret for my other stuff !
    “An airgun or two”………

Yup, German ret #4, teriffic !
    To say I'm pleased is a bit of an understatement
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

To say I'm pleased is a bit of an understatement
    Which gun have you mounted it on ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Which gun have you mounted it on ?
    Haven't received it yet but it will be going on my farm super gun... The BSA R10. Having said that, can't help thinking it would be a cracker on a 97.... (Which I don't own yet!)

I was only thinking earlier in the week I've had my WTC 4x40WA off a rifle for too long so next job is mount it on my .22 HE Sirocco.
    Regards,
    Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by The Squire View Post
    I was only thinking earlier in the week I've had my WTC 4x40WA off a rifle for too long so next job is mount it on my .22 HE Sirocco.
    That sounds like a really good combo.. has the WTC got a bit of weight to it? If so I found my rammer liked a heavier scope.. seemed to balance the shot cycle better

Great choice, a much overlooked WTC but one of the best IMHO !
    “An airgun or two”………

That sounds like a really good combo.. has the WTC got a bit of weight to it? If so I found my rammer liked a heavier scope.. seemed to balance the shot cycle better
    The WTC is quite light in comparison to the scope currently on my Sirocco so it will be interesting to see as I currently think my .22 is one of the nicest rammers I've ever shot

The cycle may currently be helped though as it has a Hawke Airmax 4-12x50 on it at the mo
    Regards,
    Dave.

The WTC is quite light in comparison to the scope currently on my Sirocco so it will be interesting to see as I currently think my .22 is one of the nicest rammers I've ever shot

The cycle may currently be helped though as it has a Hawke Airmax 4-12x50 on it at the mo
    You should try it.. be interested in if you think my theory is agreed by others

Rhys, Optics Warehouse have a good deal on the Eber Optical 1.5-5x20; £174 down to £69.99. Never tried this brand, but must admit I do like this type of scope (I currently own two)

That sounds like it needs checking out Mark !
    “An airgun or two”………

I don't hunt these days, but when I did a 4x always sufficed. And these were generally 4x32 Gold Crowns which I still own to this day. All my shots were with a springer, max 30 yards.

Rhys....congratulations on your class new purchase.

And, yes, you really need to get that '97 now!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Rhys, Optics Warehouse have a good deal on the Eber Optical 1.5-5x20; £174 down to £69.99. Never tried this brand, but must admit I do like this type of scope (I currently own two)
    As im suffering from a money hemorrhage from my purchase & now having 2 "spare" expensive scopes I might just not look at that!! I'm in a very dangerous situation now where I'm wondering if I should sell the scopes or buy rifles!! .......
    I don't want to sell my vortex Diamondback 3-9 or my doctor 6x42 so I'm definitely not looking at another scope!!!