Thread: IMP-ressive

Thumbs up IMP-ressive

Just a quick one to say if you are considering an IMP then don't hesitate! A very nice piece of kit. Accurate, powerful, smooth action and firing cycle, lightweight + pointable, nice trigger and quiet! Ticks all my boxes
    It loves mozzies/ RS/ Falcon AP, which is a great lightweight pellet so happy days! Running at ave 608fps (low 605 and high 610 over 10 shots from cold). Took a bit of getting use to because it was (surprisingly) a bit snappy and the trigger was light and nearly single stage. But this all attributes to its accuracy IMO. Feels halfway between a springer and gas-ram IMO. And I do like a gas ram
    Very tight groups at 35yds from a kneeling position (slightly propped). And it's already bowled over a squizza, piggy and a couple of corvids.
    The moddy is loctited on but you can strip the main body to get to the internals, which is good.
    I have to say I'm rather taken with the base '99 unit. I'm usually not one for mid/ small sized springers. But this is a nice (sensible) compromise for sub 12fpe. I mounted a simple hawke 3-9x40 a/o (don't start tinbum) on a low op-mount because of the low beaver tail stock and feels good for quick target acquisition, especially with the shortened barrel.
    I'll put a few more pellets through it and comeback with a full review soon ...
    Last edited by webb22; 28-07-2017 at 08:19 PM.
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

The problem with the 99 to my mind is the lack of compatibility of parts between it and the 95 and 80. I owned a very nice one but found it added nothing at all to my shooting when compared with the 95. Having 'sussed' the problem with the 95-muzzle flip-and cured it by using a fairly heavy muzzle weight, I find the 95 to be perhaps the best legal limit springer for general purpose use. My 99-OK not an Imp which I'm sure is better-was OK but with the addition of a Maccari stage 1 kit transformed it into a pretty decent springer but still not in the same league as my 95.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

I've found a nice heavy silencer for my 95 in the hope that it will tame it a bit Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I've found a nice heavy silencer for my 95 in the hope that it will tame it a bit Nick.
    It should do the trick!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    The problem with the 99 to my mind is the lack of compatibility of parts between it and the 95 and 80. I owned a very nice one but found it added nothing at all to my shooting when compared with the 95. Having 'sussed' the problem with the 95-muzzle flip-and cured it by using a fairly heavy muzzle weight, I find the 95 to be perhaps the best legal limit springer for general purpose use. My 99-OK not an Imp which I'm sure is better-was OK but with the addition of a Maccari stage 1 kit transformed it into a pretty decent springer but still not in the same league as my 95.
    not better

i love my 99,s i also had the imp personally i dont know what all the fuss is about there nothing special. just glad i didn,t wait 4 month and pay nearly £400 to find out
    Last edited by threelander; 28-07-2017 at 08:09 PM.

Opposite the cow-field, just outside Dover, Kent
    I have recently discovered that Accupels are stunningly accurate in my Imp at 30 yards.
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

I have a IMP and all i would say ,it's ok . I would love to have 99s but the problem puts me off
    I much prefer my wonkey donkey tuned 95k

Ooh, lovely; another 99 thread. Pete will be happy.....NOT!!

Glad you're loving your little Imp, webb22.

I own a few 99s and 95s. Love them all and would never consider letting any of them go.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Ooh, lovely; another 99 thread. Pete will be happy.....NOT!!

Glad you're loving your little Imp, webb22.

I own a few 99s and 95s. Love them all and would never consider letting any of them go.
    Thanks T ... It's a corker and definitely a keeper! In fact my pcps are gradually moving to the back of the cabinet (whimpering away) as I'm always reaching for a springer these days! Nothing like a lovely lightweight tuned springer IMO

P.s. 95s are very nice and I've even had my hands on a very nice SFS tuned one, but the 99 is a bit of a game changer - for me anyway
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'