Thread: One for the HW100 fiddlers.

One for the HW100 fiddlers.

Boys, had my 100 a fair while now and I recon I've put over 60 tins of pellets through it with no fuss.
    Lately the power has dropped to a shade under 11ftlbs from 11.5 using biz mags so I tweaked the hammer up a touch to bring it back but now I'm only getting 3 mags. I've bought a reg tester and played with settings from 90 through to 100 bar and 3 mags is the best I can achieve.
    Whatever the setting the consistency is good throughout a full fill and it shoots like it should but just not efficient.
    I've bought a full service kit and will be giving it a good once over, just wondering if anyone has any ideas where I'm loosing air on the firing cycle so I can have a heads up on where to concentrate and look for issues when I strip the old girl down.
    Cheers.

Slow exhaust valve return or poor sealing on the exhaust valve seat increases air use per shot, poor breech sealing also reduces power, bent cocking arm link plate can cause this even though the breech seal O ring is good the pellet probe isn't pushed far enough through to seal properly.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Another area to look is the hammer/spring assembly, it isgreased from the factory and dries out over time a light coating of gun oil caneasily add the power you lost.
    Don’t confuse luck with ability.

My brand new 2 month old 100 is awaiting to come back from HC. It went back to the RFD as through their chrono on shot 1 registered 11.69 and shot 8 9.23!!!! I was told possible regulator issues but someone mentioned that the hammer and associated parts are covered in some thick substance and allegedly this can cause power dips...I'll wait to see what the report states when I get the gun back?

Thanks for the comments fellas, a full strip down and seal replacement has transformed it, 5 mags @11.5ftlbs using bisley mags.