Thread: Need to replace discontinued hammer spring.

Need to replace discontinued hammer spring.

Hi guys ...

After the superb advice I was given on getting my Logun shooting straight, hoping someone can help in finding a replacement spring.

The hammer spring for the logun is a approx 8cm long and 8-9mm internal measurement around the probe.

Anyone have any ideas of what may fit it?? Looked at some but no measurements on listing.

Thanks guys
    ...Diana 24 .177........Feinwerkbau 127.....ASI Sniper .22.. Diana 27 .177. Diana 48 .177 .... HW 98 .22.

What wire diameter is it that you need?

I managed to get one off a popular auction site that is about 85mm long, 1mm wire diameter. I'd need to count the coils for you, but it is quite soft. I have some others that are similar dimensions, but much stiffer, maybe 1.3mm wire. I'm not at home again until next week, so cannot measure them, but if you tell me what it is you need, I can work out if anything is close.

Hi. Thanks for help.

Will have to see if I can borrow a gauge to see what size the one in is.

However. I suspect that it may not be original.

It's an fac version that should be 30ftlb. However both ends of spring had been ground down, so only 8 ftlbs when it arrived.

Not sure what they were thinking.

Perhaps they changed spring and then started to try and lower the power for a better shot count.

It's quite a stiff spring...
    ...Diana 24 .177........Feinwerkbau 127.....ASI Sniper .22.. Diana 27 .177. Diana 48 .177 .... HW 98 .22.

Hammer spring

Hi Smudge,

I have a .177 Logun Axsor and have replaced several bits over the years.

Parts are getting hard to find now, though I am fortunate in that I can make most of the ones I need.

I have several sizes/lengths of spring that are for a Logun but I don't know which one (if any) will fit yours.

If you let me know the ID. OD. Length, number of coils and thickness of wire then I shall have a look.

Best regards,

Ken.
    If everything seems to be under control.........you are not going fast enough!

Quote Originally Posted by baffled View Post
    Hi Smudge,

I have a .177 Logun Axsor and have replaced several bits over the years.

Parts are getting hard to find now, though I am fortunate in that I can make most of the ones I need.

I have several sizes/lengths of spring that are for a Logun but I don't know which one (if any) will fit yours.

If you let me know the ID. OD. Length, number of coils and thickness of wire then I shall have a look.

Best regards,

Ken.
    Hi Ken.

The length of spring is about 8cm. Inner measurement is approx 8mm and outer 11mm.
    I've no way of knowing the number of coils as unfortunately some idiots has ground some off both ends..

Thanks Darren

That doesn't sound a million miles from a rapid hammer spring.

Maybe worth buying a set of assorted rapid springs off the bay to make something that fits ?

It might be worth giving Nick a yell at 'springsandthings.' He has a selection of springs that is hard to beat. Fast service and a jolly nice chap, no conection apart from a satisfied customer.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Also, have alook on associated spring. 82.5mm is a common length with a lot of different spring rates, but there are obviously others around that length that may be more suitable:
    https://www.assocspring.co.uk/round-...duct-container

Thanks guys.

Been away for a few days. Chase these leads up now...

Cheers