Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air gunner/Air gun world

Air gunner/Air gun world

I took out a subscription for both mags in early April, a multi tool free gift was on offer at the time .The first 2 mags arrived a couple of weeks apart ,no free gift. at the end of May I rang them and was told no problem we'll get it sent out. I rang again at the end of June, it's out of stock and it's been reordered.....rang today it's no longer available and they'll send a replacement gift...anybody else having the same problem???

Quote Originally Posted by John Simpson View Post
    I took out a subscription for both mags in early April, a multi tool free gift was on offer at the time .The first 2 mags arrived a couple of weeks apart ,no free gift. at the end of May I rang them and was told no problem we'll get it sent out. I rang again at the end of June, it's out of stock and it's been reordered.....rang today it's no longer available and they'll send a replacement gift...anybody else having the same problem???
    I think they state that there is a limited number of free gifts !

years ago they told me if i subscribed i would get two years free airgun insurance from BASA lo and behold i got three months insurance. then they wondered why i complained and unsubscribed.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Are there any decent magazines that are worth a subscription or worth picking up when they are out?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I've never had that problem with Simply Crochet or Airgun Shooter
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I like the editor of AGW. He's a super bloke.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

You'e not bored of being a moderator yet then?

When I used to subscribe to AGW I got my free stuff, maybe they're just being more "selective" now?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Adam Smith retired sometime ago.

Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    Adam Smith retired sometime ago.
    Last time I bought AGW, he was editor - when did he leave?

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    Last time I bought AGW, he was editor - when did he leave?
    I used to really admire Adam's Theoben Sirocco, it has a very handsome stock. I still fondly remember the excellent multiple calibre article he wrote, where his Sirocco was the test bed rifle. Always a good read were Adam and his sons articles in AGW. I still read Terry's FT comment articles which again were informative, funny and interesting.

Quick update....They rang me back on Monday and told me they'd be sending a jack Pyke knife as a replacement...it arrived on Thursday 😊😊

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    You'e not bored of being a moderator yet then?

When I used to subscribe to AGW I got my free stuff, maybe they're just being more "selective" now?
    I never got any free gift!!!! maybes cause I buy it in the shop but I have managed to get letters in last month and this month

You have to look outside UK now ....

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWey View Post
    Are there any decent magazines that are worth a subscription or worth picking up when they are out?
    Hitting the nail on the head here Aaron .
    I found the American quarterly AIRGUN HOBBYIST by accident and love it .
    No freebies , just good articles on airguns .
    Something in each issue for everyone - bb guns , fullbore hunting , classics and vintage - oddly much British airguns covered too like BSA Military , Airsporters and others .
    Takes a bit of time getting here from US but well worth it .

Subscription gifts.,...

Quote Originally Posted by John Simpson View Post
    Over the years and with a variety of magazines, I've often had difficulty actually receiving the promised promotional 'gift'. Like you, I've recently taken out a joint subscription to both those titles under the multi-tool offer. I did this by 'phone and took the opportunity to check that they did have the multi-tools in stock and that I would receive one with my subscription. They assured me that I would, but lo and behold, a couple of weeks later my gift arrived and guess what? A Boker Magnum knife! Nice knife but not the Walther multi-tool that I was promised.
    As I say, this is not the first experience I've had of this over the years. Sometimes, no promised gift has arrived at all and I've had to resort to pestering the actual editorial staff to put pressure on their publishers to honour their subscription promises. In the main & eventually, this has usually produced the right result.

When I subscribed to marriage to my dearest wife, she promised me that I would receive special "gifts"
    The "gifts" very soon changed to things that were not promised!!!!
    Oh well, still love her to bits though xx.