Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An identification challenge for everyone

Cabanas. Don't know the model though.

ccdjg is online now Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Congrats! You go top of the class, though not without a little help from Trevor. The pistols were made by Cabanas SA Industries, Anguila, Mexico. http://imgur.com/a/TjNTm

This company was better known for weird .177 and .22 pellet pistols that fired blank cartridges, which were apparently surprisingly powerful and would have been quite illegal in most countries these days. They did produce air rifles (see http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2012/...door-neighbor/), but there is surprisingly little documentation of their air pistols. Also it seems that the company went bust in 1999, so these pistols would have to date pre-millenium.
    The wood grip version, which does have an uncanny resemblance to the Milbro Cougar, came in a nice wooden case. http://imgur.com/a/vscRS. The later all-plastic grip pistol has the model number RC 55S.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    P-24 derivative perhaps?

https://s4.postimg.org/q2otzeht9/Cab...24-5_M_001.jpg

https://s4.postimg.org/x4mrlllf1/Cab...24-5_M_002.jpg
    Last edited by Citizen K; 31-07-2017 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Better photos of the P24

Cheers. I've missed your I.D. challenges.
    I admit that the Cinedux forced my immediate withdrawal from Brazil and S.E. Asia. Thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello John,

If it's not in your book, I would have no idea.

Regards
    Brian
    I might be a bit slow but which book did you write John
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Another version of the Cabanas break -barrel pistol I had not come across before, and cosmetically the best one in my opinion. It's a pity we can't seem to find any history about these guns.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    I might be a bit slow but which book did you write John
    Hi Richard, For my sins it was the Encyclopedia of Spring Air Pistols.

Cheers,
    John

/
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post

Cheers,
    John
    Hello John,

I can only say that I have been pestered on numerous occasions to part with my copy which I would never even consider doing. Any chance there might be second edition published which would at least keep me from having to continually disappoint some fellow collectors ? I would certainly buy another copy even if any updates were minimal as mine is starting to show the effect of continual reference over the years.

Regards

Brian

Cheers,
    John
    Sorry I had no idea that was you

Maybe the Eusta will make the 2nd edition

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Sorry I had no idea that was you

Maybe the Eusta will make the 2nd edition
    I’m pretty sure it is your Eusta and box that is pictured in the first edition, Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    /

Hello John,

I can only say that I have been pestered on numerous occasions to part with my copy which I would never even consider doing. Any chance there might be second edition published which would at least keep me from having to continually disappoint some fellow collectors ? I would certainly buy another copy even if any updates were minimal as mine is starting to show the effect of continual reference over the years.

Regards

Brian
    Well Brian, I have been asked this question quite a few times. All I can say is that a second edition will have to be quite a bit larger than the first, as I have been accumulating new data all the time since, and I am amazed at how much new information and how many previously unreported models have built up. I would like to incorporate all this in any new edition, and it is also my dream that a second edition this time would be in full colour. So getting such a book into publishable form is going to involve a massive amount of work, and I do have several other projects to deal with which have a higher priority. It is my intention to tackle the job eventually, but it is not going to be any time soon.
    Incidentally. I just noticed that there is a mint copy of the book currently advertised on Free-Ads for £200- nothing to do with me I hasten to add. I am amazed how prices have escalated and wish I had gone for a bigger printing in the first place. It was a self-funded exercise though, and there was a limit to how much I could invest in the print run at the time.

Well Brian, I have been asked this question quite a few times. All I can say is that a second edition will have to be quite a bit larger than the first, as I have been accumulating new data all the time since, and I am amazed at how much new information and how many previously unreported models have built up. I would like to incorporate all this in any new edition, and it is also my dream that a second edition this time would be in full colour. So getting such a book into publishable form is going to involve a massive amount of work, and I do have several other projects to deal with which have a higher priority. It is my intention to tackle the job eventually, but it is not going to be any time soon.
    Incidentally. I just noticed that there is a mint copy of the book currently advertised on Free-Ads for £200- nothing to do with me I hasten to add. I am amazed how prices have escalated and wish I had gone for a bigger printing in the first place. It was a self-funded exercise though, and there was a limit to how much I could invest in the print run at the time.
    I'd buy a second edition!

Yours is one of a small number of books that I regularly search for, but rarely find on sale, and only for silly money.

I’m pretty sure it is your Eusta and box that is pictured in the first edition, Richard.
    I always knew I'd have something published

As others have said I'd also pay proper money for an updated edition

Hello John,

I really hope you manage to find the time to publish a second edition of your excellent book which I'm sure would provide a very valuable legacy for collectors well into the future.

Regards

Brian