Thread: Bushnell Legend 5-15x40, what are they worth?

Bushnell Legend 5-15x40, what are they worth?

Hi folks, I'm having a bit of a clear out at the moment and have a Bushnell legend 5-15x40 in almost as new condition to sell on, just the odd minor mark. I have no idea what they're worth and was hoping someone on the forum could give me an idea what they normally sell for. I believe they're were around £180 new. I've done a little bit of Internet searching but it hasn't really helped.

Thanks.

They go for around £90 to £110 depending on condition and whether or not they are boxed. I own 8 of them and have paid between £85 and £1i0 for mine.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    They go for around £90 to £110 depending on condition and whether or not they are boxed. I own 8 of them and have paid between £85 and £1i0 for mine.
    Thanks, that's about what I was thinking. It's a really nice scope with super optics I just don't have a need for it. Unfortunately I don't have the original box so was going to price it accordingly. If you fancy a 9th let me know.

Seen them going for £130 boxed. Think I paid £120 for mine but its in almost brand new condition.

Superb scope though.

Thanks guys, I think I'll advertise it for £100 and see what kind of interest I get. It's a really nice scope so if it doesn't make that I may just hang on to it in case I find a use for it in the future.

Funny old scopes the Legend. I remember them being close to £300 at one time (I may be wrong). When the new hd's came out , the price plummetted. I got one for what I considered a bargain £186. (bnib). Then they fell again and went down to about £120 (bnib), so I got another. So working on 2/3 of new price for a very good example could give figures of £200, £124, OR £80, depending on what you paid for it new. When I look at them second hand, I would tend to presume it was bought new at the lowest price they went down to and expect to pay in the £80 region.

A lot of scope for 80£ IMO

Quote Originally Posted by LESS THAN FORTUITOUS KENNETH View Post
    Funny old scopes the Legend. I remember them being close to £300 at one time (I may be wrong). When the new hd's came out , the price plummetted. I got one for what I considered a bargain £186. (bnib). Then they fell again and went down to about £120 (bnib), so I got another. So working on 2/3 of new price for a very good example could give figures of £200, £124, OR £80, depending on what you paid for it new. When I look at them second hand, I would tend to presume it was bought new at the lowest price they went down to and expect to pay in the £80 region.
    In that case then I shall advertise mine for £95. Somewhere in the middle and a little less than I was originally going to ask. Thanks for all the information.

Quote Originally Posted by fredfish View Post
    Thanks, that's about what I was thinking. It's a really nice scope with super optics I just don't have a need for it. Unfortunately I don't have the original box so was going to price it accordingly. If you fancy a 9th let me know.
    Thanks for the offer. I don't need it but for £95 it represents excellent value. You should have no trouble selling it at that level even without the box.
    Last edited by Rapidnick; 01-08-2017 at 06:36 PM.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

90quid is a fair price ... I've paid around 80 to 95 for the ones I've had. A very very nice scope ... dare I say the mildot equivalent of the pro air
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'