Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fake Grey Shadow

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom

Fake Grey Shadow

Just thought I'd post this to make people aware there is someone trying to sell a Daystate Grey Shadow which is made up from scrap parts and has been re stamped badly as gun no. 102 of 150. This is not to be confused with the genuine one which will have a flat and perfect serial number, the fake one has been "dug out" and re stamped with a 1 over the first 0 to make it look like 102, but it's obvious it's been tampered with. Daystate don't recognise this gun as genuine or a LE - so you should not either.

Thanks

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

So its reared its ugly head again !!!!
    worth a punt if its er very cheap

I think it was being advertised for £1,650.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I think it was being advertised for £1,650.

Lol, where?

Quote Originally Posted by jigs View Post
    Lol, where?
    http://www.gunstar.co.uk/daystate-gr...ir-Guns/928251 I'm sure that's it. But the supposed ed owner has came foward. His post is below
    As the owner of this greyshadow, I would just like to chip in. Where Jesim1 got his detailed information from when he doesn't even know where the gun is being advertised I really don't know. Whilst I bought the gun from an ex Daystate employee and it's true I don't know it's absolute true history and didn't buy from new, the guy had a selection of Daystate limited editions and was only selling due to the need of funds for, I don't know what. The gun was serviced by Staffordshire Custom Rifles (Recipe available)who has to check all guns he services with manufacturers data base in case it is stolen and found to be clean and it was recognised by Daystate. Daystate Certificate of Authentication with this Rifle, and its advertise on Gun Star, check it out and make up your own mind.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    Just thought I'd post this to make people aware there is someone trying to sell a Daystate Grey Shadow which is made up from scrap parts and has been re stamped badly as gun no. 102 of 150. This is not to be confused with the genuine one which will have a flat and perfect serial number, the fake one has been "dug out" and re stamped with a 1 over the first 0 to make it look like 102, but it's obvious it's been tampered with. Daystate don't recognise this gun as genuine or a LE - so you should not either.

Thanks

James
    Well surely if it was re-stamped as you claim, then it would originally have been no 002 which I would have thought would be worth more than 102

the rest of the engraving looks spot-on.

I have seen some built from bits guns bet that does look very expensive to make if it is a copy.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

I don't really know what to think and have an open mind on this. But, if it is a fake (and I stress I am not caiming it is) then somewhere out there will be the real 002 and 102.
    Presumably DS could, if they wished, establish an audit trail to the dealers who sold 002 and 102 and then from there to the owners etc etc. in order to settle the matter.
    Could DS Owners Club help establish the facts?
    Or maybe they do not with to be involved? Sounds a bit involved.

Cheers, Phil

Just to clear this up heres a link to when this rifle first came into question
    hope the link is not against the rules
    https://daystateownersclub.com/forum...tart=10#p57039

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    Just to clear this up heres a link to when this rifle first came into question
    hope the link is not against the rules
    https://daystateownersclub.com/forum...tart=10#p57039
    No good you need to sign in.

I'd have thought with ltd edition Daystate would keep a log of the owners or rather the owners would register with them so it should be easy to trace the genuine item & settle this.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post

I'd have thought with ltd edition Daystate would keep a log of the owners or rather the owners would register with them so it should be easy to trace the genuine item & settle this.
    It was made with a scrap action stolen by an x employee of Daystate the serial number and certificate are fakes
    It is not recognised by Daystate and they wont work on it . This came to light in January 2015 when it came up for sale
    This is from Simon Cocayne who is a Daystate employee and runs the owners forum . Hope this clears things up

what you will see on that forum is
    simon cockayne said he was going to look into that particular gun after checking on it his reply was

This particular rifle was never built by factory and therefore an uncertified rifle, thereby not a limited edition. It was a rejected scrap block that an individual used to make up a none genuine GS. Collectible, NO.
    Rifle serial numbers are never changed on block by the factory

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    It was made with a scrap action stolen by an x employee of Daystate the serial number and certificate are fakes
    It is not recognised by Daystate and they wont work on it . This came to light in January 2015 when it came up for sale
    This is from Simon Cocayne who is a Daystate employee and runs the owners forum . Hope this clears things up
    Quote Originally Posted by gantongunner View Post
    what you will see on that forum is
    simon cockayne said he was going to look into that particular gun after checking on it his reply was

This particular rifle was never built by factory and therefore an uncertified rifle, thereby not a limited edition. It was a rejected scrap block that an individual used to make up a none genuine GS. Collectible, NO.
    Rifle serial numbers are never changed on block by the factory
    OK, well thank you gent's, That puts a different light on things.

It sounds like Paul the owner was the victim of fraud by the ex factory employee he bought it from and if I was him I'd be taking the said scumbag to small claims court for my money back, with a supporting statement from Daystate &/or the web posts it should be simple enough.

The only Daystate limited edition these days is one that works
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

OK, well thank you gent's, That puts a different light on things.

It sounds like Paul the owner was the victim of fraud by the ex factory employee he bought it from and if I was him I'd be taking the said scumbag to small claims court for my money back, with a supporting statement from Daystate &/or the web posts it should be simple enough.
    Winning in the small claims court is straightforward enough as you say but getting enforcement of the judgement can be an entirely different matter.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.