Thread: Classic vintage aperture sights

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Was on another forum and a person posted pics of a old Webley Mark III with a awesome Parker Hale aperture sight. Made me almost want to collect these vintage accessories. What are some examples. Since putting my old William's back on a rifle I have fallen in love with these sights given it works great with 66 year old eyes that even have a new fixed lens from cataract surgery. The older ones have such charm. Makes a scope seem cold.
    I love the old British peep sights, made by Parker Hale and BSA but what really gets me going are the 1950s German diopters, made by Falke, Weihrauch and BSF. They are real works of art, machined solid steel, without the alloy of the later Diana/Anschutz/Weihrauch equivalents. I can't help but collect these early sights, along with the corresponding rifles.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

These older BSF's, Falkes and Weihrauchs are hard to come by, even in Germany (many collectors) or the Netherlands. Another Dutch member, Frakor, owns some fabulous examples of all of these. Btw the old Parker Hale sights are also full steel and pieces of true craftsmanship?! I have a couple of sights, but still on the lookout for a PH16 to fit on one of my older Webley MK3's.
    Last edited by Dutch; 06-08-2017 at 10:30 AM.