Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Order placed. AA Prosport on it's way.

Order placed. AA Prosport on it's way.

After many years of thinking I have gone and done it. Beech stock in .177 on order hopefully with me by the end of the week.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Jeez.....didn't take you long to spend that money did it

Good choice will you be keeping it original or are you going to have any work done to it?, sold mine a while to fund something else, however as always I regret getting rid of it now.
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Thegogg View Post
    Jeez.....didn't take you long to spend that money did it

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    Good choice will you be keeping it original or are you going to have any work done to it?, sold mine a while to fund something else, however as always I regret getting rid of it now.
    Original until the warranty is done. Then who knows
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Hi Rob
    I bought one second hand with a scope, a lovely accurate rifle .
    Only niggle I have is the underlever can be a little sharp , so now wear a glove 😀

Paul

An excellent choice. Its bloody nice to await a new rifle or pistol being delivered. Prior to VCR, I used to act all casual in front of the postie or DPD man and then go all silly as soon as the front door slams shut

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    After many years of thinking I have gone and done it. Beech stock in .177 on order hopefully with me by the end of the week.
    Good choice, they're lovely!

Well for one thing It's good to support British airgun production particularly when we see what's happened to Theoben, Webley, BSA to name but a few.
    I've got to say being a fan of Air Arms having owned an S400, Pro Sport and now the TX I'm sure you'll enjoy it and make it a keeper.
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Good choice Rob... I love mine which is original from the factory with standard internals, and it usually returns a good score on it's yearly outing at the Paul James shoot using it in the HFT class.

Mine is not quite as smooth as a lot of the kit tuned springers, but it is very very reliable, and shot properly it is superbly accurate right out to 55 yards. You just have to go back to basics if like me you shoot PCP's the rest of the year.
    Consistent shoulder placement gets rid of any hold sensitive issues for me.
    BASC

Really looking forward to it. The one brand I have never owned is an AA so this is a first. I have recently parted with a HW95, HW97KT and a Gamo Rocket IGT to fund this but I have to reduce the number of guns I have to keep SWMBO happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pjw18 View Post
    Hi Rob
    Only niggle I have is the underlever can be a little sharp , so now wear a glove ��

Paul
    I agree with this. The cocking lever is horrible and spoils the otherwise excellent rifle for me. Even the early Airsporter has a better concealed underlever than the PS. My other major niggle is that the rifle is not available with left hand load or left hand stock from the factory. Stocks can be changed but not the loading port.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Picked it up today and just zeroed it. WOW

Hi Rob ,
    Enjoy Your Prosport , the Tx200 is very nice as well 😀

Paul

The only thing I didn't like about the Pro Sport was how sharp the corners are on the cocking lever, a light bit of filing sorted that out though. A lovely rifle once that was sorted
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pjw18 View Post
    Hi Rob
    Only niggle I have is the underlever can be a little sharp , so now wear a glove 😀

Paul
    I concur, some moron decided to leave an open section where you grasp the underlever to cock it, can be painful after a prolonged shooting session. Small niggle that ruins a great gun!