Thread: Diana 45

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    FWB made 60,000 or more Sports. They aren't that rare.

They are just very nice. Despite their flaws.

I agree that in terms of factory springer offerings in the 11-15 ft/lbs bracket, the best of the older guns (BSF 55, 60, 70; HW77, 80, 85; FWB Sport; Webley Omega, Tomahawk, Longbow; BSA Superstar, AA TX Mk1/2; Diana 34 series, 45) are as good and in some respects (fit and finish, for one) as anything you can buy now.
    I did not know so many FWBs were produced. Not many come up for sale, either, so their owners clearly value them.

Very interesting remarks on your choice for break-barrels. I had forgotten about BSF, too, but also interesting to see your mention of three brands from the Webley stable.

Rgds
    A

Original 45

Keep meaning to get to the back of the room I keep my bits in where my air guns are kept.just not got their yet.
    My happiest shooting memories were with my m 45.
    It was sweet as a nut out the box and loved the old wasps .
    Took me years to buy another and then I was hooked .
    I'd guess at one point I had 20+45 s. All cals ,dedicated scope models.
    I sold several last couple of Years and have never had to advertise one.
    I got the buzz for the side leavers then too along with other air guns I personally liked not for value or I guess I didn't see it as collecting I just loved them.
    Everyone should have a m 45 ,not all were sweet out the box as I found but most certainly were.
    Their was a factory recall but few were bought back for a all nylon safety unit instead of the sprung steel blade that failed.
    I did manage to buy one that was recalled too out of interest.
    I like the earlier 45 s myself.
    Very pleasurable rifle I just rarely get to enjoy them these days.
    Nice to see they still attract interest

Very interesting. Never had one out of the box as all of mine were bought used long after the gun was introduced. All have been good with a couple needing just a simple lube to fettle. Two others have been absolutely superb- both .177's. These two have seen the most use over the years, I'd say, and came expertly lubricated.

I think the fact it had a leather seal was why most were good out of the box just like the 35 though some were very twangy.Back in the eighties most if not all springers were tawngy from new, my HW35 was a good one & shot nice from day one; it is still on its original seal & spring with just some added moly to this day.