Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
Evening Gerry.
Glad to hear that you are having some good results with your 45. Its definitely an "oldie but goodie". I'm quite a fan of Dianas but feel that the 45 was certainly one of their top guns of all time. Its hunting abilities are second to none provided the pilot does his or her bit!
They do still come up for sale occasionally but not quite in the same numbers as years ago. It only dawned on me just this week that I have five examples between the Diana and RWS variants. I rate the gun, though I'm still having some reasonable success with it's stablemate that it came to overshadow the 50T01 - which it shares a basic power plant with.
One surprising thing with the 45 is that it came in a few variants aside of the "Original" and RWS versions. I think there was a Gecado version too.
Keep enjoying a classic fella!
Dave
One of my 45's is a Gecado in .22. The brand name was used in Aus, NZ & South Africa at least. Not sure if mine came in from one of those countries or never got there in the first place. It's the roughest gun in my collection but it is very accurate. Needs restored and one day it might even get it.